The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Jalen Brunson was going to New York for way longer than you dudes want to give it credit for.

His pops was driving that bus for awhile. IF that ain't dead *** obvious to some of you at this point or you believe 4/55 was ever an actual offer he was gonna sign, it ain't worth arguing over and revisiting again.

The "front office foresight" over that issue was fired and cut out. They lost him because the rookie contract was handled poorly.

The Mark Cuban hate is so weird.

You wanna hate him as a PERSON - I got relatively few issues.

As an franchise GOVERNOR? The hate is stupid. Period.

Man said he would walk on the other side of the street if he saw a young black man in a hoody while owning a team full of Black players.

The Mavs ran a damn sexual harassment factory on his watch for over a decade

Because Cuban a good owner his 1st decade you are giving him passes for **** only Dolan and Sarver has done

Man said he would walk on the other side of the street if he saw a young black man in a hoody while owning a team full of Black players.

Because Cuban a good owner his 1st decade you are giving him passes for **** only Dolan and Sarver has done
As a PERSON - you can toss him in the garbage. Couldn't care less.

But the idea that he's broke or won't spend money or won't do whatever he needs to do to win is... dumb. We've literally watched him do it. Is he stupid for not throwing money out the window when they're not competitive? I'd argue it's dumber to have not just completely committed to a full out tank at some point over the last decade.

Nobody's dickeating anything - you're just kind of being a cornball this morning.

worst owners talk ...

Russell-westbrook-eating GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

at least theyre billionaires

You forgot this gem from the Cubes -

0B48F6DB-53B2-4D3E-9CD6-63DBC72D635C.png

Jalen Brunson was going to New York for way longer than you dudes want to give it credit for.

His pops was driving that bus for awhile. IF that ain't dead *** obvious to some of you at this point or you believe 4/55 was ever an actual offer he was gonna sign, it ain't worth arguing over and revisiting again.

The "front office foresight" over that issue was fired and cut out. They lost him because the rookie contract was handled poorly.
Gonna ask you this again cuz I don’t think it was addressed: what was the upside of not offering brunson an extension after the clipper series

Cuban was right

Three locks for all nba 1st team

Luka
Giannis
Jokic.

At least 2’nd team (should be first)
SGA

foreigners rule the nba.

Last edited:
There’s a ton of owners without “that one lil chip”. Three teams passed up on Luka before the Mavs and they locked in on him. Feels kinda silly to diminish that.

Yeah, other bad owners. It was over a decade ago. Then he mismanaged his franchise and they damn near disappeared from the NBA until they got Luka. He's not the worse owner but I ain't about to heap praise on your only chip from 2011.

We can do that with every chip.

GSW didn't do anything for 40 years. The Lakers and Celtics have Jim Crow racism pre-talent boom chips, the Spurs never won back to back, The Bulls arent even a real franchise but rather an enshrinement to one person.

Mark Cuban isn't THAT bad of an owner. Chips revolve around having top 25 all time guys and the Dallas Mavericks have had one of those. Thats it. If he totally mismanages the Luka thing, then have at it.

Look - I don't even think Cuban's a great owner. I absolutely think he's got some hard core scumbag tendencies.

But the "oh he's broke and ain't serious" or "he wins one title and everyone praises him!" stuff is just silly. How many ACTIVE owners have one little chip? Less than 10?

There's obviously been some bad decisions and there's obviously been some head scratchers over the tail end of Dirk's career... But they've missed the playoffs like 4 times in the last 25 years and it was all Dirk's twilight and Luka's rookie year. "Almost disappeared from the NBA" ... What are we even talking about? :lol:
Gonna ask you this again cuz I don’t think it was addressed: what was the upside of not offering brunson an extension after the clipper series
Upside? Maybe none. But I don't fault them for looking at that series and saying "Maybe we want to see more" and questioning whether or not his physical profile would be a limiting factor playing with Luka at that point.

Hindsight's a *****, obviously. But all that's irrelevant if Donnie doesn't do the goofy nonsense with his rookie contract.

There’s a ton of owners without “that one lil chip”. Three teams passed up on Luka before the Mavs and they locked in on him. Feels kinda silly to diminish that.
With all the Lakers championship parades and ring ceremony/banner hanging games he’s been to, really can’t blame old Maximus for acting like one championship is trivial.

Been there in the trenches since the Mikan days.

It’ll always be Donnie’s fault. As a general rule you want to delay UFA with your guys as long as possible. RFA is a failsafe mechanism to prevent exactly what happened :lol: and he just took it off the table

It’ll always be Donnie’s fault. As a general rule you want to delay UFA with your guys as long as possible. RFA is a failsafe mechanism to prevent exactly what happened :lol: and he just took it off the table
Right. But "foresight!"

Look - I don't even think Cuban's a great owner. I absolutely think he's got some hard core scumbag tendencies.

But the "oh he's broke and ain't serious" or "he wins one title and everyone praises him!" stuff is just silly. How many ACTIVE owners have one little chip? Less than 10?

There's obviously been some bad decisions and there's obviously been some head scratchers over the tail end of Dirk's career... But they've missed the playoffs like 4 times in the last 25 years and it was all Dirk's twilight and Luka's rookie year. "Almost disappeared from the NBA" ... What are we even talking about? :lol:

Upside? Maybe none. But I don't fault them for looking at that series and saying "Maybe we want to see more" and questioning whether or not his physical profile would be a limiting factor playing with Luka at that point.

Hindsight's a *****, obviously. But all that's irrelevant if Donnie doesn't do the goofy nonsense with his rookie contract.

Right. But "foresight!"
So you’re saying there’s no upside to not offering an extension after the clipper series and then continually criticizing those criticizing the lack for foresight

Come on brother lol

After the “bad series” against the clips, they had him perfect to offer a team friendly deal, knowing they were stuck with an injured porzingis and no other bullets

that mavs front office is some cheeks until they get luka any kind of help

Also this falls on luka too because dude acts like he doesn’t need help either with his usage rates

Back
Top Bottom