The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Yep. Nonsensical. In a way they are essentially forcing those guys like Donte, Ingles and Wall to smaller market teams if they want to get paid their fair market value. Also means they won’t get featured as much and get a chance at a bigger bag like in Donte’s case. Forcing them to Charlotte, Detroit or this tanking version of San Antonio w may be worse for them in the long run.
Yeah this is stupid to me🤷🏿‍♂️

Idk how this makes a more competitive landscape for the league based off the examples they gave.

Yep. Nonsensical. In a way they are essentially forcing those guys like Donte, Ingles and Wall to smaller market teams if they want to get paid their fair market value. Also means they won’t get featured as much and get a chance at a bigger bag like in Donte’s case. Forcing them to Charlotte, Detroit or this tanking version of San Antonio w may be worse for them in the long run.
There's only 6 teams this would apply to this season. It's not really forcing players to smaller markets or limiting their earning potential. I don't get what Draymond is complaining about. And the taxpayer MLE is lower than the regular MLE so it seems like guys would actually be earning more

Last edited:
They had already reduced the MLE for the high rollers now they’re completely taking it away :lol:

Gonna be harder for the big spenders to have a bench now. Will have to play the trade market exclusively & give up assets.

Interesting wrinkle.

They had already reduced the MLE for the high rollers now they’re completely taking it away :lol:

Gonna be harder for the big spenders to have a bench now. Will have to play the trade market exclusively & give up assets.

Interesting wrinkle.
Puts more emphasis on drafting developing and retaining your own players and probably gives g leaguers more of an opportunity. I don't see how players individually are losing out

Puts more emphasis on drafting developing and retaining your own players and probably gives g leaguers more of an opportunity. I don't see how players individually are losing out
Theoretically it shrinks the pool of teams that are competing for your services.

Practically, I don’t think it’ll change anything :lol: definitely not a big enough deal to publicly call out the players union

Eliminating the TMLE will hurt the ring chasers in their 30s
giphy (15).gif

So they're removing the MLE from the top spenders but retaining it for the smaller markets who may not even try to use it?
Not that big of a deal.

under the new tax apron teams will use it and have used it plenty.

Much ado about nothing…as is the world these days

Lookin back at the game, putting up 38 and 17 on Rudy and Kat is kinda wild. Minny goofed with their trades.

Back
Top Bottom