The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Shame for forgetting H2O whom Grimes mirrors on that form.

& from today again, Jamal Murray has been a delight to watch on a consistent basis. That thing on a string.

The reaction to these types of videos are funny to me. You think NBA players aren't good? The average fan has no idea how good NBA players are. The worst NBA players are among the best 500 basketball players in the world.

Even fringe NBA players Luka Garza are pulling step back 3s against normies

The reaction to these types of videos are funny to me. You think NBA players aren't good? The average fan has no idea how good NBA players are. The worst NBA players are among the best 500 basketball players in the world.

Even look at shootarounds, man. Dudes at the end of the bench straight up don’t miss. The best player at your local 24 Hour Fitness isn’t in the same stratosphere of being like that :lol: People also forget it is their job from at least 7 months (mid-Sept to mid-April) to hoop and train to hoop. No matter how bad they may look in the NBA, they are cooking any real world professional who just hoops recreationally

Scottie is one of my favorite players ever, and I’ll never knock his talent, but I just would like to know what he means the MJ was a “horrible” player, was it the back, or the migraines? Also, who is he referencing here:

IMG_6134.gif

Scottie is one of my favorite players ever, and I’ll never knock his talent, but I just would like to know what he means the MJ was a “horrible” player, was it the back, or the migraines? Also, who is he referencing here:

IMG_6134.gif

That tweet that has now gone viral is one of the many shining examples of what is wrong with social media.

First and foremost, there should have been an ellipsis between “LeBron James will be the greatest statistical [player] to ever play the game of basketball. “ and “[Michael Jordan] was a horrible player.” as the two statements were not said in succession. That alone created a great deal of chaos.

Second, the full quote was “Our game is a team game and one player can’t do it. I saw Michael Jordan play before I came to play with the Bulls. You guys saw him play. He was a horrible player. He was horrible to play with. He was all one-on-one. He’s shooting bad shots. Then all of a sudden we become a team and we start winning, all of a sudden everybody forgot who he was”

PIPPEN’S COMMENT ABOUT MICHAEL JORDAN BEING A HORRIBLE BASKETBALL PLAYER WAS IN THE CONTEXT OF BEFORE PIPPEN (and Phil) JOINED THE BULLS AND THEY STARTED PLAYING TEAM BALL AND WINNING.

Pippen didn’t say he was was a horrible basketball player, period. Just that earlier in his career he was a chucker that wasn’t playing winning basketball. However, through deception and misuse of the English language, the OG tweeter tricked millions of people to believe that Pippen categorically called Jordan a horrible player. No. He did not do that. At all.

And he’s able to get away with it because most people won’t spend 40 seconds to watch the video and hear what was as actually said.

CONTEXT MATTERS.

Last edited:
That tweet that has now gone viral is one of the many shining examples of what is wrong with social media.

First and foremost, there should have been an ellipsis between “LeBron James will be the greatest statistical [player] to ever play the game of basketball. “ and “[Michael Jordan] was a horrible player.” as the two statements were not said in succession. That alone created a great deal of chaos.

Second, the full quote was “Our game is a team game and one player can’t do it. I saw Michael Jordan play before I came to play with the Bulls. You guys saw him play. He was a horrible player. He was horrible to play with. He was all one-on-one. He’s shooting bad shots. Then all of a sudden we become a team and we start winning, all of a sudden everybody forgot who he was”

PIPPEN’S COMMENT ABOUT MICHAEL JORDAN BEING A HORRIBLE BASKETBALL PLAYER WAS IN THE CONTEXT OF BEFORE PIPPEN (and Phil) JOINED THE BULLS AND THEY STARTED PLAYING TEAM BALL AND WINNING.

Pippen didn’t say he was was a horrible basketball player, period. Just that earlier in his career he was a chucker that wasn’t playing winning basketball. However, through deception and misuse of the English language, the OG tweeter tricked millions of people to believe that Pippen categorically called Jordan a horrible player. No. He did not do that. At all.

And he’s able to get away with it because most people won’t spend 40 seconds to watch the video and hear what was as actually said.

CONTEXT MATTERS.
If that’s the case according to Scotty(Scottie) as MJ being a horrible player before he and Phil got there, that’s kind of a small sample size. I mean you got 84-85, he won ROY with that roster(and coach that he had) that was there, 85-86 was an even smaller window due to the broken foot, then 86-87, I guess he was the chucker due to him averaging his highest PPG and only about 5 assists a game. Scottie got drafted in 87 and it wasn’t like he got into the league and was the Scottie that we remember, it kind of took a minute. Maybe they were a product of winning due to Phil Jax, certainly due to MJ/Scottie. But the word horrible in any context isn’t an accurate description.

But who cares how good an NBA player is relative to civilians? That's like a regular person being good against children

If that’s the case according to Scotty(Scottie) as MJ being a horrible player before he and Phil got there, that’s kind of a small sample size. I mean you got 84-85, he won ROY with that roster(and coach that he had) that was there, 85-86 was an even smaller window due to the broken foot, then 86-87, I guess he was the chucker due to him averaging his highest PPG and only about 5 assists a game. Scottie got drafted in 87 and it wasn’t like he got into the league and was the Scottie that we remember, it kind of took a minute. Maybe they were a product of winning due to Phil Jax, certainly due to MJ/Scottie. But the word horrible in any context isn’t an accurate description.

Aye man. I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m not even really trying to debate that.

It’s just the fact that they put sentence “LBJ is the best statistical player ever” next to the sentence “MJ was a horrible player.” It leads people to believe he was talking about MJ’s whole career when he clearly wasn’t.

It’s just nasty editorial work IMO but this is where we are in a world where people are living for clicks.

Statistically Michael Jordan is a billionaire, retired with six rings, numerous scoring titles, some all NBAs, defensive yadda yadda.

I get where dude feels he was disrespected in the latest petty job by Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Why not just come out with a Lebron version of Last Dance and have Nick Wright, Draymond, Shannon Sharpe and himself to be talking heads along with some contemporaries?

Mike might low key respond with a Larissa train vid.

And ain’t it crazy Pip never won a chip without Mike. Blazers, the No Country for Old Men Houston team, etc?

Its crazy how superstitious atheles are. Back when I played organized ball, looking back at it now the things we’d do.

I remember I had a career high in high school. It was the first time I wore these blue boxers. The next day I made my mom buy the exact same color of my underwear (only came in a 3 pack with black grey and blue) and she bought like 5 packs. I threw out the other colors and only kept the blue ones and she’s like wtf

Was my best year too :lol: broke the 3pt record and everything.

Its crazy how superstitious atheles are. Back when I played organized ball, looking back at it now the things we’d do.

I remember I had a career high in high school. It was the first time I wore these blue boxers. The next day I made my mom buy the exact same color of my underwear (only came in a 3 pack with black grey and blue) and she bought like 5 packs. I threw out the other colors and only kept the blue ones and she’s like wtf

Was my best year too :lol: broke the 3pt record and everything.

the original 'Panties'

Back
Top Bottom