The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Couldn’t pay me to live in Detroit

Monty is perfect there, but yea thats a hard place to live in.

I got offered a 3 year/1 mill contract to work in Alaska. It was one of those towns where theres no sunlight for most of the day. Very few people in general. Did my research and it was super eery.

Passed on it when I graduated, now low key regret it :lol:

I got offered a 3 year/1 mill contract to work in Alaska. It was one of those towns where theres no sunlight for most of the day. Very few people in general. Did my research and it was super eery.

So Alaska and Detroit are alike?

The article states Monty still has $21M owed to him over the next three years from the Suns, so he's not sweating the money. He also has a kid in HS that is really good so I'm sure he wants to spend time and be a family man.

If he takes the Detroit job at $10MM annually does he still collect the $7MM annually over the next three years from the Suns as well? Or is that voided by being hired by another NBA team?

If he takes the Detroit job at $10MM annually does he still collect the $7MM annually over the next three years from the Suns as well? Or is that voided by being hired by another NBA team?
There's usually contract language that off-sets salaries so coaches don't double-dip.

There's usually contract language that off-sets salaries so coaches don't double-dip.

Ahhh got it. That makes sense. So if he took something over $7MM it is likely voided but if it was under $7MM then Phoenix would likely pay the difference to get it to $7MM?

I usually hit up SmartAsset heavy when I hit free agency so I just checked out Alaska...you would have gotten no state or local income tax taken out of that $1MM :wow: Cost of living is probably cheap as hell too. That would have been a ridiculous cash grab. But those conditions you described....I couldn't blame someone for not wanting to do it but I also couldn't blame someone for running to it.

Man idk if the Heat even want Herro to play like that.

The guys who’ve stepped up in his absence play defense.
Duncan Robinson is as bad as ever on that end & was still a net positive.

They’ll need Herro’s playmaking. Even if the jumper is off he can run PnR & find people.

Spo is sharp enough to not have them both out there at the same time against the Nuggets best lineups
Capture.PNG

Significant, indeed.
As I’ve gotten older I place more and more value on family time.

But that’s $40+ million :lol:

I usually hit up SmartAsset heavy when I hit free agency so I just checked out Alaska...you would have gotten no state or local income tax taken out of that $1MM :wow: Cost of living is probably cheap as hell too. That would have been a ridiculous cash grab. But those conditions you described....I couldn't blame someone for not wanting to do it but I also couldn't blame someone for running to it.

It was offered to 6 graduates. All declined the contract. My mental health is important. Woulda been bored outta my mind there picking up who knows what kinda hobbies.

I did do a Tinder passport thing at the time, and the options were horrribleeeee within 100 mile radius over there.

If I’m always cold, bored, and getting no yambs no contract is worth it.

Ben was aging & Miami was a bad matchup for them as constituted so I understand why Dumars played hard in the negotiations but I was worried they didn’t have enough in the paint anymore and then this happened :lol:

Every single guy in their championship top 5 added something different & they needed all of them to be successful.

It was offered to 6 graduates. All declined the contract. My mental health is important. Woulda been bored outta my mind there picking up who knows what kinda hobbies.

I did do a Tinder passport thing at the time, and the options were horrribleeeee within 100 mile radius over there.

If I’m always cold, bored, and getting no yambs no contract is worth it.

I could see that. If I got a big time 3-year offer (relative to my total compensation) in Alaska right now....IDK, man. What would you have done afterwards? Work where you're at now or somewhere similar?

Back
Top Bottom