The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I've been to cheesecake factory for the first time a month ago.
It was just okay.

Just seems like the run of the mill overpriced family restaurant.

That bread was good tho.

Never been to olive garden.

I have a Zaxby's down the street from me. Tried it once, and it was alright.

Had Cookout for the first time a month ago and the food was okay. The shakes though. :pimp:

It is a cool restaurant but the DOJ needs to sue them for their marketing and colonization of my culture

When I was in my grad program the department took all the students there for an end-of-semester lunch.

One of my professors looked at me and said "Must be cool to be eating authentic food for your island again, huh?" with a big smile.

I wanted to slap the **** outta dude with my fingertips

That way he doesn't get hurt, but he knows it happened.

Tbh I'd love to see an amaricanized Nigerian restaurant.

They made a joke about this in Atlanta, and I was like I unironically would love to try it.

Cheesy Jollof Naija Bowl sounded fire. :pimp:

They made a joke about this in Atlanta, and I was like I unironically would love to try it.

YMjDPDiZ_400x400.jpg

Da ****

First, the brothers that were scheming with Jussie Smollet go on a press run

Now this

Your uncle can't catch a damn break this year :smh:

Potentially "Contrarian" Opinion Alert;

Gentrified, Americanized versions of ethnic cuisine is good.
Authentic will always exist.

But it's fun to see how people innovate.
Sand down all the rough edges and just makes the food as unhealthy and broadly appealing as possible.

there's a chain of canadianized Shawarma restaurants Canada.

chicken shawarma poutine turns out is highly delicious.

YMjDPDiZ_400x400.jpg

Da ****

First, the brothers that were scheming with Jussie Smollet go on a press run

Now this

Your uncle can't catch a damn break this year :smh:

General Tso's chicken is an Americanized ethnic food, and it's great.

Turns out when you have add salt, sugar and fat to stuff it makes it highly unealthy and incredibly delicious.

Would love to see what an enterprising Canadian/American chef could do with Nigerian Quisine.

If I want the real I'll make it myself. :lol:

Zaxbys cool but the price ain’t right …Cookout is the opposite, get alotta just ok food for a decent price on the late night…Never seen the hype with em

Bidens Cookout ain it.

The whole appeal to Cookout is a bunch of food for cheap. Quality is low. It's a NC staple though a right of passage if you will.

Friday night Cookout runs after Friday games was the main move in high school >

Yep! DTLR moved across the isle. That bottom floor done changed a lot. I think you talking about Brass Tapp or whatever it’s called. I seen some joints in there :nerd:

This just reminds me of my stealing clothes from the mall days :lol:. Used to work up Towson Mall and “d-block” clothes out the Nordstrom. No tags = “it’s loose”. Fresh as hell and eBay flips at like 16-17. They done banned some of my *****s from that mall lol, on some other ****. But that mall, used to fun as hell back in the day.

What a time!
Yep that's it! But hol up...you saw some joints...at the Brass Tap???

IMG_0882.gif

Lemme find out! Nah, I'm kidding, my opportunity for a Last Dance has probably passed at this point :lol: I'm definitely curious though.

Skip too far gone into character, nothing else matters.
Knew this was the case when he had his wife on the show for her birthday and told her flat out that he'd always put his job over her and his personal life in his life :lol::smh:

Was wild to hear since it's not like his job involves life or death situations or really affects people's livelihoods at large.

Also basically said they never had kids because of his dedication to his job even though his wife wanted some.

Last edited:

They sell Jollof in stores now, so it’s only a matter of time.

They got a couple hybrid new African fusion-upscale type restaurants in DC. Been meaning to check a few out. Moi Moi & Bukom

Knew this was the case when he had his wife on the show for her birthday and told her flat out that he'd always put his job over her in his life :lol::smh:

Was wild to hear since it's not like his job involves life or death situations or really affects people's livelihoods at large.

Also basically said they never had kids because of his dedication to his job even though his wife wanted some.

IIRC wasn't this during or right after an interview where he was slobbing off Lil Wayne too? Sounded like some **** a dude would say about his girl infront of the homies then beg for forgiveness the next few days :lol:

one last point on this;

Random:
Top 5 gentrified foods,

Ottawa Style Egg Rolls (way better than traditional egg rolls)
Genreal Tso's Chicken
Mongolian Beef
Butter Chicken + Cheese Roti
Chicken Shawarma Poutine

Back
Top Bottom