The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Is any contender going to take a chance on Mikey? Miami should agree to let him go on a spiritual journey during the regular season and just be ready for the playoffs.

The Show should and I believe will, but it's up to Dallas to see how much they're going to give him.

Boston getting these picks and KP and still hasn’t addressed their problem of needing more playmaking. Meh. Porzingis is a great with Horford aging and adds more scoring punch but doesn’t really change my outlook on this team too much. I’ll probably be wrong though :lol:

I love the KP pickup for the Celtics. And they got 2 first rounders on top of that. Great GM work by Stevens.

Boston getting these picks and KP and still hasn’t addressed their problem of needing more playmaking. Meh. Porzingis is a great with Horford aging and adds more scoring punch but doesn’t really change my outlook on this team too much. I’ll probably be wrong though :lol:

Na I’m with you.

Is Tatum going to be a playmaker now?

Yea right.

KP deal is cool UNLESS they give KP an extension that he's asking for in the 120-140 M's range. There's no way that is the correct move when paying tatum 7 brown what they have to pay.

One or both of the picks Boston got should have been going to DC, there’s no defending that…Boston was desperate and Phoenix lowkey was too matter fact so the Wiz had a lil more leverage than most think

They deciding to have a fire sale and go full tear down and tank but last I heard this involves PICKS from any and every transaction…Can’t cite the OKC model and move how they been moving so far but we’ll see if the rest of the dudes they have left bring back anything more than just clearing cap they’ll never use anyway

Without knowing what exactly went down, I agree that Washington should have gotten one or two of the picks. I can't totally slander it but I understand why folks would at face value.

You really think Washington had more leverage with Phoenix? What else would/could they have gotten back considering Phoenix doesn't have picks. I also don't think taking Ayton over Paul was the move either because it seems his trade value is damn near zero. As for a trade with Miami, IDK if that would have worked because I think Riles is banking on Dame making something happen.

I've admittedly been making OKC comparisons but I don't think that's totally accurate. This is more Sixers Process - From the time period I posted earlier with their 5 losing seasons they only had 6 FRPs! They were lotto falling at 11 (MCW), 3 and 10 (Embiid + Elfrid Payton), 3 (Okafor), 1, (Socialite SImmo), 1 (Fultz). Hella second rounders (18!!) doe.

Obviously trading for Jimmy, Tobi, Harden, etc. have helped throughout the years but they really only hit on two lotteries and are a perennial contender now. There is hope :lol:

Meanwhile the Thunder really only bottomed out for two years but they had 6 FRPs in that span (Giddey/Sengun (traded to HOU)/Tre Mann and Chet/Jalen Williams/Peyton Watson (traded to Denver).

So OKC is a different flavor but I think they were better positioned due to the assets they unloaded.

The draft picks were something I didn’t expect tho. Well done.

Also Brad Stevens still may not be finished. Maybe he does acquire some playmakers.

But as of right now. Not sold.

If Paul gets bought out does he go to Boston for the vet min

Na I’m with you.

Is Tatum going to be a playmaker now?

Yea right.
He has been a playmaker. He’s not going to be getting triple doubles every night, but he generates wide open looks for everyone. Teammates being able to capitalize on those opportunities is another story.

tay1 tay1 apparently teams are waiting in the wings so we'll see what attractive offers they get soon. If all the talk is "they need to do right by Dame" then I would imagine he goes to a contender but we'll see.
We'll definitely see. I also don't see Portland wanting to rush anything as well. I think they'll wait patiently.

If Paul gets bought out does he go to Boston for the vet min
i cant think of the last player to go to boston after getting bought out
dont think any vets are buddy buddy enough with anyone in boston like that

IT2 tweet tryna run it back coming soon tho

Back
Top Bottom