The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

We'll definitely see. I also don't see Portland wanting to rush anything as well. I think they'll wait patiently.

Yeah, drafting Scoot and seeing how he reacts publicly is the move. The conversation surrounding "The Blazers should do right by Dame with a trade" is interesting. I think people forget there is a balance between trading him where he wants to go and also making sure you get back appropriate value.

I think the Nets are intriguing because they have 10 FRPs in upcoming drafts (including this year).

I’ve always wondered if there are ways for coaches and refs to get better in the offseason? Players can work on their games, hire strength trainers, heal up and increase their conditioning but how do coaches and refs get better in the offseason? Is a guy like Mazulla spending days and nights reviewing game tape or working with other coaches to improve his game? Is a vet ref like Scott Foster hosting ref camps in the offseason? These are things that I’ve always wondered.
Trump is watching tape of the last four years to lead us in 2024 so I imagine coaches do the same

Is he actually a better defender than Dillon?

Remains to be seen in Memphis. I would like to see him with Jaren, like we've seen Dillon. Smart will be able to stay on the floor by not picking up 5-6 fouls and having a DPOY anchoring him, which I think will make Smart even better defensively here than in Boston.

Part of my frustration with Dillon was not being able to rely on him to stay on the floor in key moments by picking up silly fouls. A lot of it may be reputation.

Then, there's this:

FGA per 100 possessions last 3 seasons:
Brooks - 24.8 attempts
Smart - 15.4 attempts

I want whoever is playing the hustle/defensive dawg role to not take more shots than my big 3 and this happened far too often with DB who just wasn't worthy of that.

Back
Top Bottom