The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I think you would like Avatar actually.

Not just because of the visuals but because of messaging.

In no particular order it deals with greed/capitalism, humans disconnection from nature/earth, some symbolism of how Americans killed native/indigenous people, etc.
And the messaging that you need the man to help you save the day

IMG_5079.png

My problem with Avater is what the hell does Cameron really know about colonization from the pov of the oppressed? I know he consulted 0 indigenous people about the story or world building which is why it's just space pocahontas with CGI redface.

It's pretty though. Technical marvel.

Everybody

1689625088804.png
The disconnect between these numbers and the otherwise limited lack of pop culture significance of the Avatar films fascinates/baffles me.

I never hear people talk about Avatar movies when one is not in the theater. Nobody quotes lines from Avatar. You don’t see Avatar gifs on social media. It’s not referenced often in other shows and movies.

Just seems to me like two of the biggest grossing films of all time should have more of a legacy than just being huge money makers.

The disconnect between these numbers and the otherwise limited lack of pop culture significance of the Avatar films fascinates/baffles me.

I never hear people talk about Avatar movies when one is not in the theater. Nobody quotes lines from Avatar. You don’t see Avatar gifs on social media. It’s not referenced often in other shows and movies.

Just seems to me like two of the biggest grossing films of all time should have more of a legacy than just being huge money makers.
Well they might have if they weren’t Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves in space.

I view the Avatar movies as more of a ride on some Disney World type ****.

If you're not seeing them in 3D IMAX then they lose a lot of their magic.

A different day and a different way of saying the same thing over and over again that everyone already knew

Back
Top Bottom