The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Steph DID lead an organic built team to the chip. Then he did it again.

Steph DID allow another superstar to share a spotlight. And won multiple chips with him.

Steph DID lead a team to the most winning season ever

Steph DID become the all time leader in the distance ball

Steph DID win the first and only unanimous MVP ever.

Steph DID win back to back MVPs.

If people discount what KD did I don’t think Bron should get any credit for winning in either Miami or LA. Simply going around and stacking talent and winning doesn’t mean anything. Lebron couldn’t get it done in cleveland so he ran away got the monkey off the back by stacking the deck and then came back to play with house money. And even then he only came back when he got a stacked team with Rie and a Love who had just averaged 26, 13 and 5.

The 2015 and 2022 chip are far and away much better chips than anything Bron has done. The man has never stuck around when it’s been tough.

That said i still think of him as an all time great. Just a shame people try to bring down Steph who unquestionably has always done it the right way. Stuck with the team good times and bad and never put ME before WE. Even sacrificed his own accolades and mvp level talent to allow KD to shine. Valued winning more than anything else.

This post isn’t worth me getting a warning or temp ban.

Man is not well.

Underrated got people fired up. 4 chips. 2 mvps. 73 win season. Three point king. College graduate. What else is there left to accomplish?

Would be so good if Steph did the lebron thing and just hopped around to other teams that are fully stacked at the very end. Just throw him on the Bucks and he can get an easy 17 a game and 2 more chips easy.

He’s the Only real organic star of this generation though so of course he wouldn’t. He’s the Kobe of this generation and Lebron is the Shaq.

You ain't see Mike or Kobe or Steph doing this fan it ****.

#notmygoat
#youafan
#midaswhalecallhimdaddy

steph-steph-curry.gif

1690175139187.png

Is there a reason you're saying that besides the fact he lives in Maine? Its my understading that the majority of people in Maine who are pro sports fans root for the Boston/New England teams. And that's where the Celitc's G-League affiliate is. Kind of makes sense.

Tbh I'm saying that mostly for the joke.

But yes someone being from Maine is likely to be a Celtics fan.

Austin makes a lot of good points here. It's not just fans who dislike players demanding trades in the middle of their contracts, apparently other players feel the same way. I wonder how many players around the league have similar feelings but don't want to publicly say anything negative about other players.

James Harden opted into a deal and then demanded a trade what he could have just opted out and become a free agent. The very definition of having your cake and eating it too.

Seems like it would be frustrating to be a teammate of a player like Harden, Kyrie, KD because you never know when they are going to become unhappy and completely blow up the team (and potentially get you traded as well).

Austin has excellent points & son is clearly sharpening his tools for that fast approaching post NBA career.

Dame has handcuffed his team he just signed a yuge ext w/ & they’re not trying to get fleeced like Bkln did w/ Ben Simmons.

It is a business and ppls’ jobs are at stake; not just his legacy. Again, if he gets traded to Philly for a preferred package, and Embiid is still there, does he pout & sit until he lands in Miami?

Someone should call his bluff since he’s locked down for the rest of his good years.

The Beard scrubs his SM of all things Philly but should they acquiese & settle for scraps cuz he likes LA?

“I don’t want to be part of a team — no disrespect — obviously they’re trying to find themselves," Rivers said. "They’re trying to get draft picks. I’ve never been in that situation. I don’t know if I would’ve handled that the best way and I think they knew that and understood that.

IMG_8415.gif

Back
Top Bottom