The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Higher than missing the play-in like they did just last year? Yes. As high as WCF in 2022? No. They lost in the first round in 6 and 7 games in 2020 and 2021, respectively.

I think the realistic ceiling is a tough second round, 6/7 game series. And I mean that respectfully D StaXX D StaXX addict4sneakers addict4sneakers @Vincent Van Goat but y’all are probably more in tune with what the expectations for this team should be so I will let y’all speak on it.

No way anyone looks at this roster and sees them as a championship contender.
The moves made this summer were as good as it was going to get.

The supporting cast is def not a championship roster.

But, who was the last top MVP candidate + First Team All NBA + played with another all-star who just needed to make the playoffs and maybe lose in the 1st/2nd round?

Typical garbage choice of words from you when responding to my posts.

MVP candidate every year, All-NBA first team, now playing a full season with a surefire all-star player.

The expectations are higher. As they should be.
I was speaking generally but clearly struck a nerve. Hit dogs holler.

He doesn’t even have a Top 6 roster in the conference :lol:. The “sure-fire” all-star is an oft-injured, often not showing up, mercurial 30 something year old who literally no one else seriously pursued as an unrestricted free agent. Just because y’all make up arbitrary requirements don’t make them true. Same dudes will be saying he needs to leave Dallas because they haven’t put enough around him in 2 years.

Don’t puff your chest out at me because you have garbage takes.

LOL

Top 10 all time in scoring. 25/10 career playoff averages. Ran through the gauntlet to win his title. Wash your entire face

He had one great playoff run. His other trip to the finals he blew a 2-0 lead.

I think Dirk was great. Was basically unguardable but he wasn't a rim protector at all. Ok rebounder. Dallas had a few 55+ win seasons and got embarrassed in the playoffs.

The narrative around Dirk changed real quick because he beat LeBron and Kobe who was the two most hated. So it was like "we love you Dirk!!" :lol:

It was a great run but again it was one year.

Mavs as presently constructed are a play-in team so idk where the lofty expectations come from.

He had one great playoff run. His other trip to the finals he blew a 2-0 lead.

I think Dirk was great. Was basically unguardable but he wasn't a rim protector at all. Ok rebounder. Dallas had a few 55+ win seasons and got embarrassed in the playoffs.

The narrative around Dirk changed real quick because he beat LeBron and Kobe who was the two most hated. So it was like "we love you Dirk!!" :lol:

It was a great run but again it was one year.
He’s not elevated above anyone with multiple rings though, so how is he overrated?

Running through KD, Kobe, Wade and Bron while averaging 10 ppg in the 4th the entire playoffs going to vault you into legendary status

And these defensive savants KG and Duncan couldn’t flat out check Dirk. At all.

1691437878249.png

1691437904755.png

The supporting cast is def not a championship roster.

But, who was the last top MVP candidate + First Team All NBA + played with another all-star who just needed to make the playoffs and maybe lose in the 1st/2nd round?

Saying Luka is a “Top MVP Candidate” is interesting. I was going to call you out on it but since 2020 he has finished 4, 6, 5 and 8. I guess you are right but it definitely doesn’t feel that way. It probably speaks more about what is around him tbh but that also plays into your question - Kyrie is talented but he isn’t a dream pairing as an AS level player next to Luka, particularly with the other pieces on the team.

As D StaXX D StaXX said, the team did about as good as they could this off-season but for most of Luka’s time as a Maverick this roster construction ain’t been it and that’s even accounting for JB, KP, KAI, etc.

Maybe you can take it as a knock on him but he will likely need a certain type of roster around him to win championships like some other players we have seen…

He’s not elevated above anyone with multiple rings though, so how is he overrated?

Running through KD, Kobe, Wade and Bron while averaging 10 ppg in the 4th the entire playoffs going to vault you into legendary status

Lets keep it a buck if Bron had his mind right they wouldn't have won that chip.

That Lakers team was fresh off 3 straight finals trips. As a life long warriors fan you know after 3 deep runs it's wear and tear.

Man I thought they were cooked after BRoy ( :frown: ) had that miracle fourth quarter comeback in the first round. :lol:

Cryrie has 3 all-NBA teams in his entire career. One 2nd and two 3rds. Obviously very talented but that says a lot about his reliability.

Lets keep it a buck if Bron had his mind right they wouldn't have won that chip.

That Lakers team was fresh off 3 straight finals trips. As a life long warriors fan you know after 3 deep runs it's wear and tear.
:lol:

There wasn’t anything wrong with Bron’s mind when he and Wade were mocking Dirk when he was sick. Heat were up 2-1 too

WHATS BEEF

Steph Curry has done indescribable damage to basketball and it is stunting the development of young players.

They’re all losing the dawg in them. No one wants to play defense, no more strong drives to the cup, it’s all just stopping for the 3.

That’s why we’re getting caught by other countries. Y’all let him make our game soft.
IMG_2275.gif

Back
Top Bottom