The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I just think it’s a really tall ask to have him do that against all these big wings/forwards in the West that are gonna be guarding him.

Do folks actually think he’s gonna be saucing up AD/Bron/Kawhi/KD/Aaron Gordon/JJJ/Draymond/etc?

Most of his looks are gonna be 3s and occasional stuff around the hoop because he’s tall. The other stuff will come with time as he gets stronger. The base skills are all there though.

Some people have convinced themselves that right now, he’s 2002 Tmac on the perimeter :lol:

Like you said, A lot of what’s going to make him the generational player we all hope to see and project him as, are the little things over time as he gets stronger.

Pop ran some nice stuff for him, the guys just gotta find him. The mid range shots where he’s on the move/slice…plus oops and stuff around the hoop is the expectation. He’s going to have some games where he’s going nuts from 3.

Speaking of, it’s good to see Kristaps finally put it together. That Boston “atmosphere” really unlocked him, huh :lol:. But in all seriousness, he’s similar to Wemby offensively at the same stage. Wemby obviously better, longer and more talented. But some people have this weird idea that Wemby should create from the perimeter lol

I didn't gloss over anything - Nembhard a little goofy, but the rest at least have an argument.

Braun and Christie is straight away brain dead.
Guys like Braun and Nembhard are also 2-3 years older than him. Seems kind of important :lol:

Not even sure where Max Christie is coming from :rofl:

There were a couple of goofy stretches for the Mavs D, but landing at a 111.8 defensive rating for the night says it wasn't all that bad.

Pace was ZOOMING by Luka standards, too.

I knew that ***** was different, when he and his camp were seriously pushing behind the scenes to find a way to hit the league after his junior year. And mostly everybody in basketball was like, shiiiiiid…why not. He ready :lol:. But the powers that be.

Wemby an amazing prospect in his own right. The dumb media members just doing what dumb media members do.

Pay it little mind

Bruh was 6’8” 230 as a 17/18 year old being compared to magic. Bron had a grown man body already and you could tell that he never had an “awkward phase” in terms of knowing how to hoop as his height increased.

Had a grown man body and was ambidextrous. Literally could do it all other than shoot from long range which he worked on and became decent enough at.

I’m a Spurs fan. Wemby fan. But he needs to be being compared more to KD than LeBron. LeBron was different and I’m not even a huge a LeBron fan. :lol: :rofl:

Bron was bullying n_ off rip :lol:

It’s only because he’s on the Lakers. If he was on any other team he wouldn’t be mentioned at all

… I only mentioned Sochan because I’m a Spurs fan. I wouldn’t even be talking about dude if he wasn’t the 9th pick.

Y’all acting like he’s the second coming of Lamar Odom.

Dude is garbage. Wasn’t worthy of the 9th pick and that’s how I feel. So many other better players available. He should’ve gone late 20s or 2nd round. He was overdrafted.

We passed on Jalen Williams and Jalen Duren. Enough said.

Sochan = Tyrus Thomas

He benefited from the Baylor final 4 run. Same way Tyrus Thomas benefited from
that LSU team back when they went to the natty.

There were a couple of goofy stretches for the Mavs D, but landing at a 111.8 defensive rating for the night says it wasn't all that bad.

Pace was ZOOMING by Luka standards, too.
Derrick Jones shouldn’t play a single minute for this team barring injuries, let alone start. Those minutes should be allocated to OMax off the bench.

Lively needs to start and play 30 minutes.

Green should also be starting.

Luka
Cryrie
Green
Grant
Lively

Curry/THJ/OMax/Kleber off bench. Hardy if the team needs a spark.

Some people have convinced themselves that right now, he’s 2002 Tmac on the perimeter :lol:

Like you said, A lot of what’s going to make him the generational player we all hope to see and project him as, are the little things over time as he gets stronger.

Pop ran some nice stuff for him, the guys just gotta find him. The mid range shots where he’s on the move/slice…plus oops and stuff around the hoop is the expectation. He’s going to have some games where he’s going nuts from 3.

Speaking of, it’s good to see Kristaps finally put it together. That Boston “atmosphere” really unlocked him, huh :lol:. But in all seriousness, he’s similar to Wemby offensively at the same stage. Wemby obviously better, longer and more talented. But some people have this weird idea that Wemby should create from the perimeter lol
The off ball stuff is what should put him in the low to mid 20s this year.

But he can do a lot on the perimeter also. His ball skills aren’t just good for his size, they’re legitimately good.

I was wondering how long until we got starters mins from Lively & DNP-CDs for Powell & Kidd went there game 1 :lol: Love it

maybe he was testing things out, but i don't think popovich did enough to prepare the spurs for last night's debut. had some players going for self a lot of the time and ignoring wemby til he started getting hot in the 4th

I knew that ***** was different, when he and his camp were seriously pushing behind the scenes to find a way to hit the league after his junior year. And mostly everybody in basketball was like, shiiiiiid…why not. He ready :lol:. But the powers that be.

Wemby an amazing prospect in his own right. The dumb media members just doing what dumb media members do.

Pay it little mind

Once this becomes the consensus I will no longer hate on Wemby.

Rockets are terrible, so hopefully we see a bit more from Wemby tomorrow. 25 should definitely be doable.

Next few games after that though he has Kawhi/BPG/KD/Siakam/OG/Barnes to deal with. Think it’ll be tough. Will be a good barometer though.

Back
Top Bottom