The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Like I was listening to the Simmons pod earlier when he was talking about it, and the crux of his
argument was that the move doesn’t make them better than Denver, so they shouldn’t have done it.

That kind of logic just seems stupid. Players get injured and stuff happens all the time. Look at Milwaukee the last few years. Last year was the first year Denver actually was healthy for once. We guaranteeing it happens again?

Too many variables. Might as well just try to make your team as good as possible so you have a chance if things fall in your favor.

Like there’s probably no moves the Lakers can make that would make them better than Denver, but if they can finagle a DLo upgrade or something like that, they should absolutely do it.

I guess I’m just confused at what folks generally think is going to happen with the Clips?

Same thing that happens to every team he been on. The honeymoon period is always gonna happen and his fans will be like "Yeah Harden cooking!!" but we know when that time of the year comes what's gonna happen then he'll be crying and unhappy and pointing fingers in the offseason.

ezgif-2-51a5095cb4.gif

Like I was listening to the Simmons pod earlier when he was talking about it, and the crux of his
argument was that the move doesn’t make them better than Denver, so they shouldn’t have done it.

That kind of logic just seems stupid. Players get injured and stuff happens all the time. Look at Milwaukee the last few years. Last year was the first year Denver actually was healthy for once. We guaranteeing it happens again?

Too many variables. Might as well just try to make your team as good as possible so you have a chance if things fall in your favor.

Like there’s probably no moves the Lakers can make that would make them better than Denver, but if they can finagle a DLo upgrade or something like that, they should absolutely do it.
Are there a lot of people really saying they shouldn’t have traded their old guys and some picks for harden?

Martin is interesting but yeah

When Perkins suggested the trade between the Sixers and Lakers, every casual fan was thrilled and they were making unrealistic calculations. But the moment the Clippers executed the deal, suddenly it's all about James being old, a negative influence, out of shape, and so on.

Yea make the trade to sell tickets but we're still talking harden and championship in the same breath? Making your team better in the playoffs? Lol

Don't remember this happening at all :lol:
Everybody shouldn't have been taken literally.IIf you've been living under a rock, it might seem like nobody, but in reality, my TikTok algorithm was filled with people endorsing the trade proposal.

When Perkins suggested the trade between the Sixers and Lakers, every casual fan was thrilled and they were making unrealistic calculations. But the moment the Clippers executed the deal, suddenly it's all about James being old, a negative influence, out of shape, and so on.

Who wanted to see Harden on the Lakers? Laker haters? then again Lakers haters are the biggest Harden fans so I'm real confused. :lol:

Who is this Tobias Harris and why is he deciding to play like this in the last year of his contract lol

Anyone ever run into the issue of getting pop up ads from your nba league pass provider? I tried to contact support but they said they had no record of my subscription. Weird

Back
Top Bottom