The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I brought this up a few weeks ago and Meth said it was the memory on my phone even tho many people repped me.

Anywho, I was using chrome before and switched to Safari and use an ad blocker now. Haven’t had an issue since.
Yeah Safari definitely seems like the way to go.

Just annoying when literally everything I do is on Chrome, and I don’t have any ad issues on any other website.

only have ad issues on mobile safari
got me wanting to throw my phone when i try posting only for an ad to shrink screen and then refresh to the top of the page
Throw-phone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

They never needed Brad Beal. Should have filled out the roster. Leaning on a bunch of injury prone guys to win is never the move
What else could they have gotten instead though

I feel like it was a salary dump for Washington

When beal comes back they’re gonna be pretty damb good

They never needed Brad Beal. Should have filled out the roster. Leaning on a bunch of injury prone guys to win is never the move
How would they fill out the roster?

Chris Paul's value was in the tank, and only other option it that seem like got any traction was Jordan Poole.

Other than that. Booker full time at the point is holding them back. Point Book is best when he is attacking and putting pressure on defenses. Now he seems like he switches between being a version of Chris Paul whose mind doesn't work as fast, and then flips back into scoring mode with tunnel vision.

“Suns don’t need a PG”

Heh

IMG_4247.gif

Actually don’t think the suns need a Pg if beal can ever stay on the Damb floor

They’re all pretty quick decision makers and don’t dribble the air out of the ball 24/7

The original plan was for Beal to handle the ball more

That’s not a great plan. Beal as playmaker is above avg to good. And with the age and injury, it’s looking like avg now.

So that leaves you with Book. Who’s not truly a natural playmaker/pg creator. And 2 Above avg to good wing playmakers in Beal & KD

At best, it’s 2022 Celtics type stuff. At worst, it looks like this

That’s not a great plan. Beal as playmaker is above avg to good. And with the age and injury, it’s looking like avg now.

So that leaves you with Book. Who’s not truly a natural playmaker/pg creator. And 2 Above avg to good wing playmakers in Beal & KD

At best, it’s 2022 Celtics type stuff. At worst, it looks like this
Booker right now is playing like one of the better PGs in the league. He averages over 8 assists a game. Dudes not hitting shots

I feel his main weakness at point is that he plays too slow at times.

We have barely seen Beal this season

Like I said, the Suns have had numerous games where they have outlier quarters were they get blown out.

I just think Booker being off the ball more would be the best way to utilize him.

Seems disingenuous to just gloss over Beal’s absence like it doesn’t mean much with the whole “they need a PG thing”. If you take a major cog off any team in the league it’s gonna have a major effect. Especially when that cog makes up like a third of your cap sheet.

Moving an older and frequently banged up CP for a more willing and able scorer in Beal (who is also frequently banged up) made sense. Not sure what other options were out there.

Reserving judgment for when the 3 of them actually get to play with each other for a bit. 55 games to go. Plenty of time.

All things considered I think the Suns biggest issue at point is not that Booker has to play it.

But the fact they don't have a serviceable back-up

Booker sits, it is a **** show.

Beal not being there makes matters worse. Because the plan was the stagger his and Booker's minutes

Back
Top Bottom