The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

IMG_4378.jpeg

He didn't finish top 5 in MVP voting and got zero first place votes. I think most people agree that he's very good but not quite on the level of the league's best players. Seems properly rated to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_3253.jpeg
The voters did a great job. Maybe I watch too much Gils arena and spend too much time in the barbershop talks

sure I agree, but like we all know he's not like Joker or Luka.
he's not a game breaker.

he's on a really good deep team with insane amounts of spacing and he's the #1 option. he's very very good, he can get hot and have legendary games.

but no one thinks you can just give him the ball without elite spacing, and he's just going to carry people like Joker, Luka or even SGA can.
Still no analysis on his cutie patootie levels?

ezgif-2-6776d55077.gif

You ain't being a serious right now famb.

The crazy thing to me this postseason is how great of a job Horford has done when switched onto a pg. When he was locking Garland down, I was laughing at Garland, but now I’ve seen him stay in front of kyrie and Luka too. He was playing kyrie so tough in the 4th last night that Kyrie was literally tripping over himself trying to get around Horford :lol:
that year he came to OKC and just chilled at home did him wonders. OKC should get a ring if Boston does.

ezgif-2-6776d55077.gif

You ain't being a serious right now famb.

being light skinned complicates the analysis significantly. 🤔

1717778227951.png

if you're a cutie patootie, but too much of a cutie in a way men find threatening, then you reach "pretty boy" status, which actually is a negative.

tatum being light skinned at somewhat and having somewhat feminine features he probably auto get slotted into "pretty boy" category.

which is probably negative for your public perception.

:lol:

**** is that playing Blake? :lol:

it's plenty of ambigious mixed aborigany gingers or however you'd classify Blake's phenotype who can look the part better and even have some physicals. Sans for him being like 5'4 (which the casting director of this series didn't care about keeping relative heights accurate anyways), it's just airbrush some cayenne pepper on Smart Guy even and call it a day. Or give me the son from Coach Carter (Robert Ri'Chard), or Boris Kodjoe or Shermar Moore if the budget allows, or any of them @*(#$ from BET's hit show "The Game."

-I'd rather let the Jays iso than give help. Same with KP, but he burned them doing so.
-IDK if this is the series for Gafford. Might give him a quick hook.
-If JB is going to pressure Luka like he did last night, may need to let Kyrie or even PJ bring the ball up instead.
Gafford gotta be stapled to the bench. He was out there looking like a baby giraffe.

I wouldn’t help off the Jays either. Brown was definitely playing with more force but you know that Tatum is going to inevitably shoot bad long twos or fadeaways.

Play up in KP, but jumping and trying to block the shot of a 7’5 guy is just dumb.

Lively also was pushing out way too high on the perimeter. That’s gotta be reined in.

Offensively, Dallas really doesn’t have too many adjustments. They need Luka and Kyrie to go crazy to have a shot. Always was the case.

Also, knew this would be a rough DJJ series. He doesnt match up well with Jaylen or Tatum, and then he’s not really bringing much to the table on offense.

They did the worst possible casting of Blake, but then again Blake does have a "unique" look and I guess it was hard to cast a look a like
aust.jpg
i am on site so I got time today, but limited willingness to googles. Jo Wilfred Songa, whoever that is. Or hell just get the real thing, or his brother Taylor I'm sure is free, get him in a 12 week acting lessons Coursera

The Celtics only allowed 3 corner 3 attempts last night, 2 of which came in extreme garbo time. How do they both do that, and take away the lobs? While the Thunder, who were also a top 3 defensive team by most metrics, do so by allowing the most corner 3s per game in an attempt to at least stop lobs/rim runs in a best case scenario, worst case don't really stop either. OKC should just copy whatever Boston does on defense (oversimplification). Sans for Giddey, there's very few negative defenders who get minutes here. I guess big JWill too.

Back
Top Bottom