The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Jrue asked to be traded.

He did? I always remembered that he loved being there and how they were supporting him and his wife when she was going through some serious illness.

Maybe I just don't remember him wanting out.

The “gauntlet” for Dallas was deceiving..They got a washed/injured clippers squad and 2 up and coming teams that weren’t ready yet, caught OKC and Minny at the right time

Shout out to them for doing what they supposed to do and beating those squads tho
OKC, Minnesota, and Minnesota are all better than the Pacers, Cavs, and Miami tho. Especially hobbled. Its not close. I dont think nothing was deceiving about the route. Styles just make fights and Boston got good matchups vs Dallas. Still too early to call this series over though imo

He did? I always remembered that he loved being there and how they were supporting him and his wife when she was going through some serious illness.

Maybe I just don't remember him wanting out.
I can't remember who reported it, but Jrue went to the Pelicans before the 2020-21 season and asked to be traded because he knew they were going to be rebuilding while he wanted to contend.

Clippers without their best player, starting five with an average age of 23, & Rudy Gobert is the gauntlet now I guess
They took advantage of the current gap where the established playoff stars teams suck (Bron, Steph, KD, Clippers) and the teams at the top are lead by inexperienced dudes besides Denver, who wasn’t on their side of the bracket anyway :lol:

The “gauntlet” for Dallas was deceiving..They got a washed/injured clippers squad and 2 up and coming teams that weren’t ready yet, caught OKC and Minny at the right time

Shout out to them for doing what they supposed to do and beating those squads tho
Not a gauntlet but still the hardest path possible for any west team this year

Defensively they are going up against the best in the league the entire playoff and now especially with Boston
Gobert got ran out of the playoffs again after a brief scare. Mavs got to the finals unexpectedly. Shirts are still on… for now

They took advantage of the current gap where the established playoff stars teams suck (Bron, Steph, KD, Clippers) and the teams at the top are lead by inexperienced dudes besides Denver, who wasn’t on their side of the bracket anyway :lol:
That's funny because that's how I feel about Tatum as far as his ranking as a player. Perfect timing. The old guard is too old, and any players that are more talented but younger are way lacking in experience/reps.

Really thats why? So your gonna ignore he's probably playing the 4th or 5th best on the team right now? Yeah hes playing defense, but the whole team is. The discourse is not stupid. Bro has worse shooting efficiency than Iverson and he's 6'10. He needs to take less shots. 6-19, and 6-21 is ***. You can make a argument that they are winning in spite of his abysmal shooting
If you watch the games instead of the box score,you’ll see that Mavs are loading up on him sending 2 & 3 defenders at him, he’s making the right reads and playing top level defense.

OKC and Minny both had major flaws that could be taken advantage of in a series.

OKC was small and had basically nobody really stepping up besides SGA. Giddey and Dort are always poor shooters, but then Chet and Wallace both shot bad too.

Minny only has one guy that can really create off the dribble, Goob being Goob, and then the roller coaster that is KAT.

Dallas took care of business and deserve credit for that. Anyone with 2 eyes should’ve seen that Boston would be quite a bit different though. Especially with a returning Zingus.

To be fair every opponent the Celtics played leading up to the Finals were missing their best player or their best player didn't finish the series. Dallas went through the gauntlet, a.k.a. the West
Dallas beat a Washed Clippers team missing their best player,an inexperienced Thunder team and A Wolves team with a useless DPOY…The “Gauntlet” they faced is being overstated for real.

If you watch the games instead of the box score,you’ll see that Mavs are loading up on him sending 2 & 3 defenders at him, he’s making the right reads and playing top level defense.
Im watching the whole game. No they are not. They did a lil in the first game. If you would watch the game and not the box score you would see those 12 assist are not set ups but just desperate kick outs after fumbled drives and his teammates were executing they shots. lol Tatum is not getting 3 defenders sent at him, he cant make a damn shot. Yall got to stop cappin lol

1718033730863.gif

So Minnesota is chopped liver now huh? All we gotta do is go like 60 pages back bruh. They knocked off Denver. We not doing this. They got baby Jordan remember

Luka reminds me of earlier Kobe days. He does need to trust the role players a bit more, but man outside of Lively and PJ they all suck.

Kyrie included.

Luka is getting two on the ball all the time the majority of their shots are wide open. Not a matter of trust
Exactly :lol:. These dudes are too smart of basketball players to not understand this. They aren’t letting him throws lobs or passes around the rim. They’re getting DJJ or PJ 3s instead and Kyrie getting locked down when he’s singled up.

Back
Top Bottom