The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

so... who wins the bracket? lol
SmartSelect_20240613_110110_Chrome.jpg

Our dear President of the Washed Club or The biggest hater of the NBA

I wonder what Dallas is going to do. They’re pretty much all-in with this roster.

This is the roster they’ve pretty much chosen for the next couple years. They really can’t make many more moves. Not much flexibility there.

Plus. If Denver had beaten the Wolves like they were supposed to. No way Dallas would have beaten Denver. Nuggets just ran into a matchup nightmare with the Wolves.

They proved last year that they can improve within the margins and that's really what they need to do.
  • Lively is a rookie and will improve next year
  • Kidd didn't seem like he was ready for this stage and (hopefully) he will learn from this experience
  • THJ is an expiring contract next year and can be moved (especially if he plays better up until the trade deadline)
  • Maxi Kelber needs to get healthy
  • Exum is an expiring
  • DJJ is a free agent which sucks
  • They own their 2025 and 2026 draft picks
All of that are opportunities to improve within the margins...with that said, it will still fall under Luka to stop his whining and not become an incredible defensive liability.

This is the issue I was bringing up that made Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat so upset. They could have kept Brunson for half the price and still had their draft pick. But they chose this route and they’re stuck with it.

To put it in other words
Eye actually was never upset at that line of thinking. N41D N41D got upset with me for saying the same thing

Apparently he was never going to sign that supposed cheaper deal

Eye am simply saying they got further with Irving than Brunson and the pivot absolved them of the initial mistake

Giving up that draft pick isn’t really that painful, nor anywhere near how you’re trying to compare the gobert deal to

This is the issue I was bringing up that made Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat so upset. They could have kept Brunson for half the price and still had their draft pick. But they chose this route and they’re stuck with it.

To put it in other words

Look you two are always trolling each other so I don’t know what’s what. :lol:

But yes of course Jalen for half the price and building thru that team was the way better option. They could have been an extremely deep and better team by now..

But that’s over with.

What do the Mavs do now? Can they even do anything.

But yes of course Jalen for half the price and building thru that team was the way better option. They could have been an extremely deep and better team by now -

But that’s over with.

Again- eye was told brunson was never going to sign that supposed deal

You and N41D N41D gotta hash out just how much trouble this roster is or isn’t in

Again- eye was told brunson was never going to sign that supposed deal

You and N41D N41D gotta hash out just how much trouble this roster is or isn’t in

I don’t want to harp on the past because my question is about the future - but Brunson said he was cool with signing the deal.

He literally said it. But let’s not go there right now.

They proved last year that they can improve within the margins and that's really what they need to do.
  • Lively is a rookie and will improve next year
  • Kidd didn't seem like he was ready for this stage and (hopefully) he will learn from this experience
  • THJ is an expiring contract next year and can be moved (especially if he plays better up until the trade deadline)
  • Maxi Kelber needs to get healthy
  • Exum is an expiring
  • DJJ is a free agent which sucks
  • They own their 2025 and 2026 draft picks
All of that are opportunities to improve within the margins...with that said, it will still fall under Luka to stop his whining and not become an incredible defensive liability.

Yea this isn’t looking too bright.

I don’t want to harp on the past because my question is about the future - but Brunson said he was cool with signing the deal.

He literally said it. But let’s not go there right now.
I mean, that’s what I said but his pops and him apparently had a plan… I don’t care bout it either tho like I said before- Jalen gets his shine outside of Luka’s shadow.. gets a brinks on top of it

Mavs pivoted and got lucky to get the non toxic Irving… and actually made the finals

Everyone won. Eye don’t think the Mavs roster is in some kind of imminent trouble, they just need to get through to Luka

But yes of course Jalen for half the price and building thru that team was the way better option. They could have been an extremely deep and better team by now..

But that’s over with.

It’s the NBA, of course they can do something. Hell, there’s still a good chance they come back and win game 7.

Back
Top Bottom