The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

The haha, you drafted Lonzo discourse seems kinda silly for another reason to me

They drafted Lonzo

Then flipped him for AD

And won a championship soon after

So since that draft, the Lakers and Celtics have the same number of chips

So technically, who they drafted on that night played a part in that

I don't see how right now it looks like an major "L" for them.

Players drafted at the top of any professional draft are supposed to be game changers/HOFers. Especially dudes in the top 5. What are we doing here brother :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s a guess but being drafted that high, you are expected to be elite
:lol:
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Lonzo at 2 was a joke in real time though. They took a low usage guard with limited PNR reps #2. And some laker fans were all for it.

Even as Lonzo was figuring out before his knees gave out, he was the same player he was at UCLA but shot the ball better. Low rim pressure, good in transition and a corner boy in the half court.
He was a 3 and D guy with great vision, except he couldn’t dribble and is allergic to the paint/contact.

This is a useful piece, but needs to be like your 5th guy.

I would love BI for Philly. I think Brandon Ingram is the perfect type of dude to play alongside Embiid and Maxey

A lot of credit for Lonzo’s draft position has to go to a masterful marketing campaign by Big Var. Still remember the LA Times article about Magic’s wondrous visit out to the Chino Hills Ball compound that sealed the pick.

And people laughed at me and wavycrocket wavycrocket when we said Lamelo was farrr better and would be a top 5 pick because he’s played against grown men his whole life.

They laughed at us. Lamelo was always the one

Seems like JJ + Monty would be the ideal scenario for the Lakers. You get the Xs and Os and the people person.

The haha, you drafted Lonzo discourse seems kinda silly for another reason to me

They drafted Lonzo

Then flipped him for AD

And won a championship soon after

So since that draft, the Lakers and Celtics have the same number of chips

So technically, who they drafted on that night played a part in that

I don't see how right now it looks like an major "L" for them.

Ultimately anyone who was taken, Fox, Tatum would have been a Pelican anyway so crying over spilled milk.

A lot of credit for Lonzo’s draft position has to go to a masterful marketing campaign by Big Var. Still remember the LA Times article about Magic’s wondrous visit out to the Chino Hills Ball compound that sealed the pick.
dont forget about Big Vars famous pancakes
Charlie Murphy Pancakes

Back
Top Bottom