The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

IMG_0219.jpeg

I think the bigger point is the biggest evolution has been the development of the off-the-bounce game from Jordan's era to Lebron's era. Guards back then didn't have the same type of off-the-bounce juice that guys do today, which makes playing perimiter defense a lot easier.

We saw MJ get crossed by a Young Ivo whose handles honestly are pretty milquetoast when compared to guys today.

MJ was not a better defender than Lebron.

Extremely easy to make an All-Defensive team when you’re a guard in an era dominated by bigs.
Lebron hasn't played consistent defense since the Heat years fam. Now if you wanna talk hypotheticals then yeah when lebron wants to he can be a solid defender. He use to play the passing lanes decent. But hes never been a lockdown defender. Ill give you versatile simply because of his size.

If we’re comparing peaks Lebron is a better defender than Kobe and Jordan.

Why are we using 39 year old Bron on defense as a metric? If we compare peaks Bron is a better defender.

And no we can’t use Jordan’s steals anymore cause now we know they fake. Jordan didnt have to run the offense, had Scottie to guard the other teams best perimeter threat and he got to tag along for the ride.

MJ was a better defender at 35 (1998) than Bron was at 35. I dont remember MJ defense on the Wizards that vividly off top of my dome, but Bron plays no defense now. He stands up straight, watches and points. He will give up points on a backdoor cut and yell at Austin Reeves. MJ also had 2 seasons where he had 200 steals and 100 blocks. That guy watched 12 games. Im not gonna throw away all the stats for a 12 game sample size.

MJ was a better defender at 35 (1998) than Bron was at 35. I dont remember MJ defense on the Wizards that vividly off top of my dome, but Bron plays no defense now. He stands up straight, watches and points. He will give up points on a backdoor cut and yell at Austin Reeves. MJ also had 2 seasons where he had 200 steals and 100 blocks. That guy watched 12 games. Im not gonna throw away all the stats for a 12 game sample size.

You’re under 30. You didn’t see those games played.

Your whole basis for thinking Jordan is a better defender is propaganda.

That’s what I’m talking about.

You’re under 30. You didn’t see those games played.

Your whole basis for thinking Jordan is a better defender is propaganda.

That’s what I’m talking about.
Ive been watching sports since I was 5 broham. My dad was a pro athlete, and his favorite player was Mike. Im literally named after him. (Name is Jordan) I have watched all 6 of his Finals. Plus plenty games on ESPN Classic and Youtube and Ive seen all the VHS tapes. Ive also watched Brons entire carerer. I'm not an expert but Ive put in enough research to have a valid opinion.

Defense as any coach will tell you is like 70% effort and want to. And MJ and Kobe took more pride in dominating that side of the ball then Lebron. Now like I said in spurts ive seen Lebron guard prime D.Rose. But honestly hes sold himself short on that side his whole career. Well once he came back to Cleveland the 2nd time.

There was a youtube channel that had all of Jordan's games. I think after it got popular, it got clipped.

If the Bulls were smart they would tank these next two years for either Cooper or AJ Dybantsa or hell even Ace Bailey. But I know they owners are cheap and want to continue to "compete" so that wont happen smh. They are in need of a new face.

Back
Top Bottom