The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

A desperate move by the Clips. Whats the direction of that franchise when you cant rely on PG/Kawhi anymore?

I dont think (and I hope they dont either) that Russ is gonna be that much of a needle mover if at all. He’s still good enough to contribute to a contender, but I dont see this as a anything too significant in the Clips chance of winning it all.

Was this posted?

Yea no sport/league takes the ASG seriously outside of maybe MLB because they have postseason stipulations surrounding the outcome of the game but the NBA is the only one getting that used a stick to beat the whole league/product with somehow :lol:

It's nothing more than an exhibition game with lots of pageantry and pomp made for casual fans and kids that doubles as a little break for the rest of the league. It's not designed or meant to pander to the hardcore connoisseurs nor have they ever pretended to. Nothing needs to be made deeper about it than it is.

The stream of overreactions have been extremely OTT but not surprising, the people paid to cover pro basketball for a living consistently sound like they despise everything about pro basketball :lol::smh:

Was this posted?

Lol wasn’t this always the case. Why did they play “harder” in the 90s and 2000s?

I think new gen doesn’t care about anything. Shai himself said “money talks” when asked about why this game sucked. So yea, Shai wants money to play the all star game even though he makes 180 mill already. He doesn’t see it as a way to improve the company (NBA) for future stars to earn more etc. “move the game forward”

Anyhow who cares. Nba is the best league…amirite?lol

Lol wasn’t this always the case. Why did they play “harder” in the 90s and 2000s?

I think new gen doesn’t care about anything. Shai himself said “money talks” when asked about why this game sucked. So yea, Shai wants money to play the all star game even though he makes 180 mill already. He doesn’t see it as a way to improve the company (NBA) for future stars to earn more etc. “move the game forward”

Combination of both. As the game grew the obligations to corporate sponsors grew. Probably one of the reasons why they extended the break the 3 additional days

Can’t really address what shai said.

Them dudes in the 90’s really wanted to show up each other. Larry Legend walking into the locker room and telling everyone whos coming in 2nd for the 3 point contest says enough. :lol: Todays NBA everyone wanna be all super friendly and whatnot like Dray over here wanting to motorboat Bron. No one wants to punk someone else, unless yall teammates (JB x JT) then its all fun and games, otherwise no one wants to be “that” guy.

Fans starting to sound this way too tbh.
100%, the hot take era has affected basketball the worst imo.

So many 'fans' don't actually like the sport, just certain players/cults of personalities and they despise everything/everyone else that goes counter to their specific agendas.

Why it's become real hard having genuine good faith hoops discussions or debates on socials.

Last edited:

It's really too much to ask these guys to compete? Not for it to be playoff game, but that was an embarrassing display of the game last night.

Either compete a little or make it a tad more interesting somehow, something about just launching 3’s in a ASG is boring to me. But they dont wanna sweat too much so hey.

Bron tried a bit after that off the glass oop, then JT did it. Stuff like that. Aint trying to have it be a glorified layup line either but still, something.

On another note, Dame’s pullup half court shot, like ACTUALLY a half court shot was the most impressive thing besides Mac’s performance this weekend. That was just crazy, never seen anyone pullup from behind the halfcourt line like that. 99.9% of the time its a heave with little to no form.

Sadly, “this is terrible” kind of takes seem to get a lot more likes on social media than “this is great” kind of takes :frown:
I definitely believe that it's a direct consequence of the supposed gatekeepers of the sport being so open and shortsighted with their disrespect for the current game and it's players publicly though IMO.

No other sport do you have talking heads and former pros putting down their sport and league half as much as with the NBA. When fans see old heads and people that should know what they're talking about constantly talking down on today's game, it's hard not to expect them to think that it's all normal and cool to parrot that sentiment themselves. They give that uglier side of fandom it's legitimacy.

The league can always improve different material things but the coverage around it is currently it's main achilles heel IMO. Like that old addage with friends like these...

I know the weekend, or at least the ASG, is supposed to showcase the best of the best but the NBA isn’t winning or losing fans based on their execution of ASW. Everyone who tuned into Clippers-Suns last Thursday will be right there this Thursday Grizzlies/Sixers and Warriors/Lakers. I find this to all be somewhat fake outrage.

I think the fit can work if they take some notes from them other guys in LA & severely stagger those mins.

The difference here tho is that PG has no problem sharing the court with Brodie.

Kiwi gotta be thankful for the help. He don’t look like his old self.

I could see Zubac faring well w/ Russ.

le’go Clipset!

6ADE6596-CAD6-4F93-9089-EF874F97EE09.jpeg

I think the first ever all-star game I watched was the Scottie Pippen Air Maestro game. Pretty sure he won MVP. I think I still have it on VHS somewhere. I always felt like they did a good job of showing out while still keeping it competitive. Times have changed, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom