The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

In today's NBA Monty would have been fired by most teams in the Suns situation

It is not some out of left field thing he got clipped.

KD and Book were probably given the chance to protest the firing and they didn't, maybe that could have saved him, but who knows

Monty is a great coach for a rebuilding young team. But his shortcomings as a coach shine through come playoff time.

I hope a team like the Piston picks him up

My thing is the next coach gonna motivate Ayton?

Get CP3 to stay healthy?

KD to do something when he don't have a 73 win team?

A lot of times it's really the players. Like I don't think my Lakers got better cuz we fired Vogel and hired Ham. We got better when Bric Boy was traded and AD and Bron got healthy.

New owner is always going to want the ability to choose their coach (and GM), especially if there is any kind of issue, so it really isn’t all that surprising. A lot of you guys would probably do the same in that position.

Sucks for Monty because he didn’t exactly deserve it given what happened with CP and Ayton. Just kind of is what it is, unfortunately.

Get CP3 to stay healthy?

A lot of times it's really the players. Like I don't think my Lakers got better cuz we fired Vogel and hired Ham. We got better when Bric Boy was traded and AD and Bron got healthy.
Ayton will probably be gone, CP too. Monty is not the only person that will face consequences.

Yes the players share some blame for the Suns failures but Monty is getting fired for his share in the blame, not someone else's.

Plus you got a new owner that has no attachment to you.

Happy bday wavycrocket wavycrocket

il_794xN.3927645666_hzww.jpg

Ayton will probably be gone, CP too. Monty is not the only person that will face consequences.

Yes the players share some blame for the Suns failures but Monty is getting fired for his share in the blame, not someone else's.

Plus you got a new owner that has no attachment to you.

I get that, he deserves some blame but not lose his job.

He just turned the franchise around. The lack of patience is crazy. So CP3 is gone, Ayton trade value is even lower than last year. I don't get what the plan is.

Get CP3 to stay healthy?

The Suns are not destined for a championship as currently constructed. They only look good on paper because of high priced starters with name recognition. Hype based on names doesn't result in titles as evidenced with many teams built like that in the past.

I agree with everything you mentioned about the Lakers. It was never Vogel's fault. It was Pelinka's fault for constructing the previous teams with useless players. But of course he's going to scapegoat the coach because he's in a position of power. I'm still pissed off at him for being stupid enough to acquire an expensive declined star with a negative level IQ who constantly bricks in Russell Westbrook. The Lakers' success is always predicated on LeBron & AD staying healthy.

I think some of the coaches you think will get firee won't because the replacement pool isn't that much greater than what they currently have.

I get that, he deserves some blame but not lose his job.

He just turned the franchise around. The lack of patience is crazy. So CP3 is gone, Ayton trade value is even lower than last year. I don't get what the plan is.

The Suns are assed out going forward because they owe the Nets four future 1st round picks and had to surrender two viable starters just to get Durant. I believe they'll be in salary cap hell with those albatross contracts. I think they can move Paul because it should be an expiring contract. Ayton will be hard because he has years left compounded with him getting worse going forward. It's going to be hard for them to get good bench players with all that money tied up in four starters.

Need to start firing the GMs that put these teams together and not the coaches doing the best with what they've been given

Except for Thibs. Fire his ***.

Don't worry, it should be imminent with him because that's what happens with every team he coaches. It doesn't help his cause since he has a habit of overusing his players.

Back
Top Bottom