The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

He had some interesting takes today :lol:

finding-nemo-finding-nemo-shark.gif

I've seen some other clips from the 90s that are a mix of HD and non-HD. There's a Sonics highlight reel that was all in HD that I can't find anymore. It was from a local broadcast.

Fran Fraschilla is the foremost expert on international hoops, as it relates to the NBA. He knows his stuff.

That being said, the NBA would not be where it is today without people telling David Stern: you need to have your players in this tournament. The game grew so quick that Team USA barely made the gold medal game eight years later in Sydney, and got bronze 12 years later in Athens. That's how quick the game grew internationally.

Honestly, I like the FIBA format so much more than the NBA: 40 minute games, five fouls, five timeouts (only on dead balls), no goal tending once the ball hits the rim, some hand checking allowed, no foul baiting, no gather step. The shorter three point line is the great equalizer, as well as no defensive 3-seconds. FIBA does a lot of things right. The only rule I wish the NBA would adopt is the goal tending rule.

Back
Top Bottom