The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

From Philly…. To NYC? That’s not much of a change in scenery. He thought Philly was tough, NYC was going to be just as brutal.

What made you think that? He went from one of the toughest cities, to another city that basically has the same type of pressure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s mentally weak and can’t shoot. I don’t understand how anyone had blind faith in this dude :lol:
I was speaking from the perspective of the locker room. Everyone knew that Embiid thought lowly of him, so I thought that Kyrie and Durant would try to counter that and provide a supportive atmosphere and make him feel comfortable. But evidently that didn't matter. It had nothing to do with faith, I just know what his potential is and I thought that he would turn it around. As you said though, he plays uninspired.

I remember one scout pointed out that he lacked work ethic and I guess this proves it. A combination of fear and a mundane effort.

I've always thought Ben Simmons was pretty overrated.
he's the only prospect I've seen get worse at shooting from ages 16 to 20

but something wrong with that dude, i don't think working harder gunna fix it.
he needs therapy or something.

An NBA team drafted a player #1 overall knowing he was scared to shoot. So you’d assume he was elite in his other abilities. Kinda funny when you think about it.

An NBA team drafted a player #1 overall knowing he was scared to shoot. So you’d assume he was elite in his other abilities. Kinda funny when you think about it.

In retrospect, Benjamin was one of those media hype machine top picks like Lonzo Ball or Zach Wilson in the NFL

I always compare eras. In retrospect even looking at him at LSU or in High School. Dude wasn’t some can’t miss guy.

Ben would’ve been a bench warmer in the 80s, 90s, or 2000s…. That’s how trash this dude is.

He needs to be out the league just like Anthony Bennett. Kidd-Gilchrist was overdrafted too but at least dude made an attempt to score

Ehh you could say that. Should mean something to you to be a part of the .0000001% of the basketball playing world. Should mean something to you squeeze the most out of your gift. If not, retire.

Ok hear me out, EYE do not believe Ben is playing up to his capabilities. However why should he rob himself of a bag?

It's a bunch of people who hate their job and still do it.

The frustrating thing with Ben is, he simply REFUSED to work on his game. And everybody on his teams/organization has CODDLED him and excuses it because of simply his stature as a player/prospect.

Never mind him being scared to shoot. The fact that teams reinforced his idea that he didn’t NEED to shoot or even work on it or show progress, to help his organization was already a telling sign.

It’s like a clearly overweight star, convincing everybody that he does not need to get in shape to be better for his team, because he can set screens or something. And the entire organization agreeing with it, and treating him with kid gloves :lol:

It’s insane

Ok hear me out, EYE do not believe Ben is playing up to his capabilities. However why should he rob himself of a bag?

It's a bunch of people who hate their job and still do it.

He’s robbing his teammates with his play. If you’re not happy, move on. He’s cleared over $100Ms. He’s good. I’d walk away if it made me happy. Dave Chappelle did it.

He’s robbing his teammates with his play. If you’re not happy, move on. He’s cleared over $100Ms. He’s good. I’d walk away if it made me happy. Dave Chappelle did it.

He's under contract through the 24-25 season. EYE am not walking away from that type of money under any circumstance.

You would have to cut me.

Dave Chapelle can pick up and sell a special any time he wants. This is Ben's one chance to get a bag.

Ben likes money, he doesn't like basketball. It's a bunch of people who go to a job they hate everyday for a check.

Back
Top Bottom