The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Could’ve never guessed “Warrior fans” would’ve started to gas White Donte after calling him trash prior to signing him :lol:

a former NBA and NCAA champion.. EYE saw the fit and potential. he’s about to have a GP2 type off season in terms of getting a sizable contract

Nope. I think he's surveying the field and mulling the decision over the break to accept a buy-out or not.

So let me get this straight...if WB decides there isn't a market for a team he likes then will he be suiting up for the Jazz or just chill at home (I think Wall or someone else did this at some point)?

Also, does anyone know what % of the remaining money on the contract that players usually get in a buyout?

Interesting to see where the NBA goes with its product as a whole

The on court product is overall bad. Their ratings are NOT great compared to the other major sports, including college sports.

I think there is something they could do that spark interest mid season. Last weeks trade deadline week was pretty interesting. Lots of talk on their networks of nba even on Super Bowl week. The nba needs to lean into that week.

I suggest they move the trade deadline up to Mid January to allow teams time to work in new traded players. Give a few days off to all teams (about 2-3 days or so) post deadline to have a super mini training camp. this would create almost a sense of a new season within the season.

The nba needs to lean all the way into its drama bc they refuse to fix the on court issues (effort, load management, 3 point shooting frequency, foul calls, most games being meaningless in W/L column)

The NBA could do themselves a ton of favors by just fixing the scheduling issues.

It probably starts with less games even though they won't see it that way. But load management is impossible to police when you build obvious schedule losses into every team's schedule every year.

Why wouldn't I sit Luka or Kawhi or Durant on the back end of a back-to-back where I switched time zones and flew into a city at 2:00 AM the night before or the third game in a 3-games-in-4-nights stretch where I played in three time zones?

The NBA could do themselves a ton of favors by just fixing the scheduling issues.

It probably starts with less games even though they won't see it that way. But load management is impossible to police when you build obvious schedule losses into every team's schedule every year.

Why wouldn't I sit Luka or Kawhi or Durant on the back end of a back-to-back where I switched time zones and flew into a city at 2:00 AM the night before or the third game in a 3-games-in-4-nights stretch where I played in three time zones?

How often does this happen, though? If I am not mistaken, these B2B's and 3 in 4's are specifically designed to optimize a team's presence on a coast/within a time zone.. That's why teams go on such a long road trips (4+ games) when they are on the other side of the country ie Northeastern teams in California and vice versa

So let me get this straight...if WB decides there isn't a market for a team he likes then will he be suiting up for the Jazz or just chill at home (I think Wall or someone else did this at some point)?

Also, does anyone know what % of the remaining money on the contract that players usually get in a buyout?

Jazz have already said he can come play but won't be promised any role or minutes. He can also stay home and they will pay the remainder of the contract. The number that keep being thrown around is 10 Mil since the Lakers paid the majority of the contract.

He may give up like 2 or 3 Mil if he takes the buy out.

Some reporting said it could be very possible he just collects this money and stays home.

Could’ve never guessed “Warrior fans” would’ve started to gas White Donte after calling him trash prior to signing him :lol:
Who?? I been a fan of Lightskin Donte for a few years. Was hype they got him. Thought he was dope on Milwaukee. Thought he'd be a great gp2 replacement. He's been even better than I ever imagined.

The on court product is overall bad. Their ratings are NOT great compared to the other major sports, including college sports.

I think there is something they could do that spark interest mid season. Last weeks trade deadline week was pretty interesting. Lots of talk on their networks of nba even on Super Bowl week. The nba needs to lean into that week.

I suggest they move the trade deadline up to Mid January to allow teams time to work in new traded players. Give a few days off to all teams (about 2-3 days or so) post deadline to have a super mini training camp. this would create almost a sense of a new season within the season.

The nba needs to lean all the way into its drama bc they refuse to fix the on court issues (effort, load management, 3 point shooting frequency, foul calls, most games being meaningless in W/L column)

lol if this ain’t a cry for help…

All of these changes won’t change AD’s [& now Lebron’s] susceptibility to street clothes.

Too much movement is bad IMO. Needs to be more roster continuity.

Back
Top Bottom