The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Shiiiiit I had this game dotted for a live experience.

50th Anniversary of the ‘73 Champs

CD88386F-0CD8-447B-8320-70B3F7F28CD1.jpeg

There’s probably a cool giveaway too |l

I really don't understand why NBA national media people have to play these characters like the characters Jalen Rose & Stephen A Smith play. Football maybe has like 3 of those people (or I am out of the loop totally), but so many national NBA media people have gimmicks. Very unserious.

Football doesn't have a Reggie Miller whose sole job is to say cringeworthy things on national tv, Inside the NBA is a comedy show, etc etc etc

I really don't understand why NBA national media people have to play these characters like the characters Jalen Rose & Stephen A Smith play. Football maybe has like 3 of those people (or I am out of the loop totally), but so many national NBA media people have gimmicks. Very unserious.

Football doesn't have a Reggie Miller whose sole job is to say cringeworthy things on national tv, Inside the NBA is a comedy show, etc etc etc

Chris Simms is real gimmick like. Honestly Romo has gone overboard with his "enthusiasm" character.

Chris Simms is real gimmick like. Honestly Romo has gone overboard with his "enthusiasm" character.
Damn you think. I like Tony Romo. I feel like the basketball commentary is largely "The NBA sucks now". Football never does that. Everyone who talks about football talks about it like its the greatest thing on Earth. I mess with that, and its what Tony Romo does like you said.

Damn you think. I like Tony Romo. I feel like the basketball commentary is largely "The NBA sucks now". Football never does that. Everyone who talks about football talks about it like its the greatest thing on Earth. I mess with that, and its what Tony Romo does like you said.
That part I agree with. The NBA has had this young retired players vs older retired players thing. It ain't like that in the NFL. You might hear some older NFL dudes talk about rule changes but it seems to be a real animosity between young and old in the NBA.

Romo has kinda regressed to the point the network has had to talk about it with him.

That’s one thing I do like about that league. The analysts actually spend most of their time breaking down the sport.

I guess they almost have to be like that given the broadcast camera angle obscures half the skill players but still.

For the NBA you have Legler and a few other guys you can count on 1 hand. Shaq & Chuck openly admit to not watching :smh:

Kobe’s detail series was excellent. RIP

That’s one thing I do like about that league. The analysts actually spend most of their time breaking down the sport.

I guess they almost have to be like that given the broadcast camera angle obscures half the skill players but still.

For the NBA you have Legler and a few other guys you can count on 1 hand. Shaq & Chuck openly admit to not watching :smh:

Yeah they do a great job in the NFL. They call out all the off ball stuff too which is cool. I wish the NBA would give it a real try and insert some serious commentary at the forefront. See what happens.

the nfl is more technical. Makes it seem like you have to commentate that way. Tony romo can’t just say”I go to the line of scrimmage, see a scrub DB and it’s barbecue chicken”

Back
Top Bottom