The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

People in this thread actually want to see it though.

I posted this gif 2 years ago and people seemed to enjoy this in the game.

thunderdoubleflop.gif

I think this is fine. Player coming down the lane out of control & the defense guesses their direction correctly.

Only block/charge I'd want looked at is when a player is already in their gather towards the rim & the defender steps in, making no effort playing the ball.

Sliding in last second has always been a trash call. You shoudnt be able to get that call as a defender once the offensive layer jumps, or hell even has that last gather.

Yea this should be a flagrant foul. Sliding in last second or when a player is already airborne, I’m not a fan of

But if you are set, and a player is driving tryna dunk it on you, or you know the direction they’re gonna take, nah I can’t agree with banning the charge.

If you are taking off from that far clearly you have no regard for human life.

Is the defense suppose to just let you score? If you ban charges the fouls will just get harder when a player goes for a dunk.
No one said let the player score. If you can get there in time, you can jump and contest the shot. We care about rim protection, right? Kevin love is 6’10”. Jump in the air hands up. Grant williams does it. Horford does it.

If you cared about your life, you wouldn’t contest.

Yea this should be a flagrant foul. Sliding in last second or when a player is already airborne, I’m not a fan of

But if you are set, and a player is driving tryna dunk it on you, or you know the direction they’re gonna take, nah I can’t agree with banning the charge.

Problem is most of the charges are the last second slide more than truly being set.

It's actually pretty impressive players have avoided career ending or life altering injuries due to badly timed charges.

You aren’t able to do this now. If called correctly…it’s called a blocking foul .

Supposedly, but it still happens way too often thats its a charge. If the off player looks like hes about to start his upward motion, the defender shoudnt be able to slide in anymore.

Some of y’all wanna ban charges all together and make it even harder to play any defense at all?

No one thinks this. The running and taking a hit to the chest on a flying defender can be done without. Giannis truck sticking the man guarding him is still a foul

As soon as Ja got downhill...AD stepped into the paint. Ja had several options here.

Ja Hurts His Hand on a Hard Fall 0-2 screenshot.png

• A dumpoff to Tillman
  • A euro (this is literally the ideal time to use it)
  • A floater
And he defaulted to his usual...just jump as high as you can looking for a highlight....even if it's AD right there. Not a fan of taking away charges so a player doesn't have to use their brain.

Back
Top Bottom