The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

NBA is by far the most entertaining sport and ESPN knows it. They had a two hour special leading up to the trade deadline then another two hour special afterwards to discuss Al the moves. Now today they have another three hour special leading up the start of free agency at 6PM EDT.

Less than 12 hours to CHAOS
1688122141953.gif

NBA is by far the most entertaining sport and ESPN knows it. They had a two hour special leading up to the trade deadline then another two hour special afterwards to discuss Al the moves. Now today they have another three hour special leading up the start of free agency at 6PM EDT.

1688122141953.gif
This is why they moved free agency from midnight to 6PM. :lol:

Soooo much content.

Predicitions

Bruce Brown 16 per (Indy)
Kuzma 25 per (was)
D’lo 15 per (LAL)
Rui 13 per (LAL)
Reaves 4/75
Lopez 20 per (SAS)
Lakers split MLE between Shroeder and Eric Gordon
DDV 12 per (NYK)
FVV (rockets)
Brooks (rockets)
Mavs split MLE between Prince and __________

Spurs are biggest wildcard. They are gonna ruin a lot of peoples free agency bc they will put a handful of ballooned 1 year offers to guys that will change the course of other teams plans

If I’m the 76ers conversations start with Paul George
Anything else Midas whale trade Embiid right now

I disagree. A couple things folks aren't completely taking into consideration. Philly only has like one FRP because they gave up the others for Jimbo. A trade with Clippers could get them players like Powell, Marcus Morris' expiring, maybe Mann and a few FRPs (I think LAC has at least two). Those assets could then be used in a trade for Dame but the problem I've mentioned is that it would feature Maxey and they already have 3 guards.

So really, this could be the trade before the trade. They also don't have to rush anything at the moment. Wait to see how FA shakes out for teams, if Dame requests a trade, etc. before making a move. The sentiment seems to be that Philly be at least as good with whatever they get back for Harden.

this new CBA has owners and GMs nervous.. the days of the “albatross” contract and dudes like duncan robinson and davis bertans fleecing off one good season might be gone. not sayin reaves won’t continue to develop and ball out but i could see teams being relatively stingy this offseason

but then again, the market hasn’t really been set yet

Depends what you mean by albatross. I'm not sure if you're talking about years or numbers. I could live with $18MM for Duncan and $16MM for Bertans. The problem is that those deals were five years each!! So I definitely think that contracts for 4/5 years for guys of that caliber are gone (probably more 3, 2+1 and 3+1s).

So ultimately I don't think those "overpay" short-term deals for guys under 30 is bad at all. Talent/winning pieces are spreading out and guys are getting paid. Seems like everyone is getting what they want.

1688122141953.gif

I don't know about that 😂

Back
Top Bottom