The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I just realized Trae Young ain’t on the US team. Do we think it’s cause he’s repped by Adidas and not Nike?
Definitely could’ve played a role, but doubt it’s the main reason.

He’s a super high usage player that needs the ball in his hands at all times. Does nothing off ball and is one of the worst defenders on earth.

Not saying you couldn’t have success with that, but I don’t think it’s the brand of ball they’re trying to go with.

Styled by amitt5504 amitt5504
Screenshot_20230812_181308_Chrome.jpg

I guess I kind of assumed he only opted in because there was a handshake deal that he’d be traded, and Philly could get something in return for him?

Jim could’ve went somewhere else as a free agent. He didn’t want to take a risk. He’s an IA 🐀

Nobody was going to pay him near what his opt in was. He didn't really have an option.
Do we know what his endgame is? I assume he wants to get the next big bag. He saw really quick that the market for him is the market just like you said. The Sixers are in the driver’s seat. Jim needs to ball out next year to have any chance at the big bag. Part of me thinks the reason he wants to go to the Clippers is his belief that they have enough talent to help him get the bag.

Hope Sixers don’t move this guy.

Back
Top Bottom