The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS SERBIA at Noon ET on FS1

#BrainDead quote

I think the entire point is being missed. He’s simply saying Lebron had more natural talents than Kobe which is obvious. Lebron started immediately in the NBA and won ROY and to this day is an atheletic freak (and works very hard on his body). Kobe came off the bench what the first 3 years and his career ended with injuries (and worked hard on his body).

I don’t see the quote as dissing anyone. Both are great for different reasons no matter their backgrounds.

I think the entire point is being missed. He’s simply saying Lebron had more natural talents than Kobe which is obvious. Lebron started immediately in the NBA and won ROY and to this day is an atheletic freak (and works very hard on his body). Kobe came off the bench what the first 3 years and his career ended with injuries (and worked hard on his body).

I don’t see the quote as dissing anyone. Both are great for different reasons no matter their backgrounds.

It was stupid to even include Bron in the quote. He could have said what he said about Kobe independently of bringing LeBron up.

Team Canada looking about as I expected.

- The pieces don't fit together that well.
-they don't have enough shooting
- big man depth is terrible
- they don't have chemistry SGA and Jamal Murray have never player together.

no way when it counts they are going to beat international squads with chemistry and good roster construction who have been playing together for years.

they are basically like a d tier team USA.

I think a medal is pretty unlikely
would require SGA going nuts for the whole tourney.

GSLgJmRXUAAZ5nT.jpeg

Michael Jordan and Lebron James were the most gifted and freakiest athletes for their era. Kobe was not, he was a very coordinated and ambidextrous athlete but he wasn't on they level. Certainly not lebrons. AI, Vince, T-Mac and others were far more athletically gifted. Also Bron and MJ held on to their natural athleticism a lot longer. 08 Kobe was already a lot less explosive then his 03 self and he was only 30 at the time. He's a great athlete but not a FREAK athlete. I think both bron and MJ ran sub 4.4's. However Kobe still got on the same level as those guys without the super human strength or huge hands.

So because he wasn't one of the biggest genetic freaks in history lile Bron, Afrobe wasn't considered one of the most athletic dudes in the league now??

Mamba mentality got the younger generation fooled :lol:, Kobe was a freakish athlete in his own right with NBA genes who was drafted straight out of high school for a reason. Still the youngest dunk champ ever at 18

So because he wasn't one of the biggest genetic freaks in history lile Bron, Afrobe wasn't considered one of the most athletic dudes in the league now??

Mamba mentality got the younger generation fooled :lol:, Kobe was a freakish athlete in his own right with NBA genes who was drafted straight out of high school for a reason. Still the youngest dunk champ ever at 18
It’s an absolutely insane take :lol:

Im not trying to make Kobe seem like some unathletic dude. But Gilbert said himself that Kobe was more like 2nd three-peat MJ not Come Fly With Me 1988 Mike. I think he was just splitting hairs for why he prefers Kobe over those two in particular. Kobe even said himself it was his work ethic that separated him more than his athletic gifts.

His work ethic 100% is what made him of the 🐐's but it's disingenuous dismissing his athleticism to highlight that :lol:

They go hand in hand

Mamba mentality + average athleticism doesn't get you the decorated 20 year career that he had.

Also has some of the nastiest highlight comps ever pulling off stuff that less than 1% of the population could dream of

Lebron was 6'8 250 could run like a deer and have his head on the rim. Jordan came in jumping out the gym and blowing past guys and dunking on they heads. Kobe was a bench player that had to get in the weight room. by 99-00 though he was ready. Once again nobody is saying Kob wasn't athletic. His body control and coordination made him appear more athletic than he was though. He never had a impressive vertical

Back
Top Bottom