The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Yall see what Steph and Embiid did last night?

True superstars, unlike THAT fraud in DENVER

You know what THEY wont talk about though

Embiid sixers are 19-7 vs the west this season.. 8-0 vs the pacific teams / 7-2 vs NW teams which both are mostly all playoff teams

Jokic Nuggets are 14-10 vs the east but get this THEY are below .500 vs East Playoff teams LOL …. 2-5 vs atlantic which most playoff teams are in

Lets talk about it but im sure THEY wont

The Kyrie contract extension situation is going to be interesting. It's highly likely that the Mavericks either lose in the play in tournament or, at best, lose in the first round. Couple this with the fact that Kyrie maybe losing his source of leverage ("I could go to the Lakers if you guys don't pay me").

Will Dallas just acquiesque and give Kyrie the 5-year max regardless? Kind of hard to justify giving him that much money given his injury history, mercurial personality and the fact that the team isn't much better with him (so far at least).

20230316_102703.jpg

:rofl:

The jokbrook mvp train been derailing. Been seeing ppl jump ship a lot.

I think the Kendrick Perkins racial angle was dumb but it did start a dialogue that needed to be had specifically relating to advanced metrics. A big portion of them justification for Jokic being the clear MVP front runner is the fact that he is dominating statistical categories that most fans don't fully understand (like RAPTOR) and The fact that these stats don't match up with the eye test (specifically talking about the defensive stats which Jokic is apparently one of the best defensive players in the league).

Nick Wright is carrying the torch in the med ia against the Olympics argument and then you have guys like this guy on on the NBA Reddit who puts together tape of defensive lowlights after every game Jokic plays

I think the Kendrick Perkins racial angle was dumb but it did start a dialogue that needed to be had specifically relating to advanced metrics. A big portion of them justification for Jokic being the clear MVP front runner is the fact that he is dominating statistical categories that most fans don't fully understand (like RAPTOR) and The fact that these stats don't match up with the eye test (specifically talking about the defensive stats which Jokic is apparently one of the best defensive players in the league).

Nick Wright is carrying the torch in the med ia against the Olympics argument and then you have guys like this guy on on the NBA Reddit who puts together tape of defensive lowlights after every game Jokic plays

“Millions of views” Lol. They have thousands at best. Yes random redditor is shifting the entire MVP argument. Giannis needs to thank him when he wins

cool stat but not a fan of it

team just comes out flat either in 1st Qrt or the 3rd Qrt almost every game

League leader in PER has been the MVP winner from the 2105-16 season on. Hard to argue against that not being the main criteria.

AD in the 2014-15 season is the only player since the 2010-11 season to the lead the league in it and not get an MVP.

Back
Top Bottom