The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

He’s excellent with off-ball stuff but he doesn’t really have any business picking up a guard who’s running PnR all game.

Nobody has been able to guard the Lakers with Vando off the floor. The shot making from Dennis/Rui/Lonnie has been remarkable.

As long as that continues, you need less Vando, not more.

Murray is not a superstar so all you need to do is keep making him guard the ball every single possession & he’ll inevitably put up a dud or 2 offensively over the series. Dennis or whoever else can guard him well enough.

I don’t disagree, but the benefit of putting Vando on Murray is you can switch the Jokic/Murray pick&roll with AD protecting the paint since he’s not involved in the action.

Bron guarding Joker sounds like a terrible idea for this stage of his career w/r/t him getting tired and taking the physical punishment from Joker each possession.

I actually disagree. Physical post play/defense is the one thing bron can do best right now. For the Lakers to win this series, Lebron should play more of a Draymond role. I know it’ll take away from his offense, but if they continue putting AG on Lebron, AD & Rui will continue to EAT. They have no answer for either of those players.

Lakers need good offensive performances From 2 guards to win. Only Reaves showed up for game 1. They needed 15+ from either Dlo or Dennis as well.

If this were the real script of how the rest of this playoffs would play out, the internet might actually explode 😂

20230518_122211.jpg

Some Sixers fans are open to sending Jo to PDX for Sharpe, Simons, Nurk and that #3….

Warning: Long read.

Here's my thought for the state of the Sixers.

Joel is a beast on both ends of the floor and was totally deserving on the REGULAR SEASON MVP award.

But just like all great traditional big men, you absolutely need a #1 option in the perimeter to get a bucket in the playoffs.

Shaq needed Kobe,, and Wade to win a chip. AD needed LeBron and even needed Jrue to go bonkers when they beat the Blazers that year. Duncan may not have had a true wing superstar, but the Spurs were a system and had Ginobili to go crazy when needed.

Embiid has...Harden. He's not it. I am convinced that we will never win with Harden being that go to perimeter scorer. The only games we won against the Celtics were when he went bonkers or at least had a decent game. Relying on that is a dissaster waiting to happen.

It doesn't need to be said, but Butler was absolutely that guy and I've been scolded by r/sixers when I kept saying through the years that Jimmy was the best Sixer since Iverson and my 2nd fav Sixer of all time (after AI).

So the issue that I see is that if we run it back with Harden as the #2 and sign him to a long term max, why will we be expecting different results?

The only hope, and I mean ONLY hope for this current roster to work is if we have a good new coach and unleashes Maxey.

If Joel can start to take a step back offensively and average 28 and 10 while Maxey becomes a 25ppg to 27ppg (he averaged 28 when Embiid and Harden sat out), then I would say there is hope.

Joel cannot be the focal point of the offence in the playoffs, it's too predictable, easy to game plan against and Embiid doesn't have that Killer instinct that Jimmy, Shaq, and Duncan had.

Sure we can trade Tobias, but we are not getting a star in return, we should be getting players who'd fit better.

If Maxey isn't the player we hope he would be, then what's the point of us running it back? Is our championship to get out of the second round? Or is it to win an NBA finals?

Can Harden lead us there? Nope.

If Harden walks, then what the hell are we doing? What's the point of wasting another year of Prime Embiid?

I'm a big believer in Scoot and I think he has the potential to be another Derick Rose. IF Scoot falls to 3, it's actually a decent return. Brandon Miller, not so much.

With that said, I don't think there's any point of discussing this because Ownership does not have the balls to reset if they needed to. They will wait until Joel requests a trade.

I will be ok with the trade only if Harden walks AND we don't believe that Maxey can take the leap.

The coaching change will be central to everything as well. If they bring in Nick Nurse, I see Harden staying and I'd run it back one more year.

If we hire D'antoni, then I may have to take a break from basketball for a few years.

I just really don’t understand Miami’s shot making :lol: . What they’re accomplishing right now is ridiculous.

The Heat were the one of the worst offenses in the league, one of the most difficult teams to watch. Just terrible. They did nothing well. Then they looked soft against a bad Hawks team.

This is insane.

Spo is an elite x’s & o’s guy & honestly Boston & everyone else are gonna be leaving a few of these guys open because they were not good for most of the season.

So I’m not surprised at Miami getting clean looks, but the accuracy is staggering.
Spo aint making the shots…Vincent, strus, martin, and lowry had 15 each. That isnt happening again

As far as the rest of Reddit Sixers wanting to trade Embiid, they're just little kids who react to anything and like to be emo.

Why?

Listen to media. This is what they are saying about wemby. I’m a wemby skeptic. Not that he won’t be good but to assume guys are gonna be title winning superstars in todays ever changing nba is silly.

Media talking about him being bigger than lebron

Lebron has been to the finals like 19 times won 4 leads league in scoring top 10 in steals rebounds assists 3s made playoff games and wins etc etc etc and they say he’s gonna be bigger than him

the media is nothing but nasty business. they love hyping up a kid just so they can tear him down when he doesn’t have an immediate impact.

Reactions: DLF
I actually disagree. Physical post play/defense is the one thing bron can do best right now. For the Lakers to win this series, Lebron should play more of a Draymond role. I know it’ll take away from his offense, but if they continue putting AG on Lebron, AD & Rui will continue to EAT. They have no answer for either of those players.
Physical post play is one thing. Physical post play with a 6’11 275 pounder with that talent level id a whole different thing. Between Bron’s foot and his age, asking him to play the Dray role right now is insane :lol:

Dame was really traumatized by what people did to Durant

He really don’t want to leave unless he knows he has people’s OK

Did a number on him. He’s not right no more lol

this is funny coming from a kobe bryant fan. both players are going to give you 20/8/5 in game 7 but CP3 is going to shoot 46% and koBrick is going to shoot 39%. The difference is that CP3's teammates aren't going to bail him out time and time again.

Also, if it's game 7 and I need someone to make me a series-winning shot, I'm taking CP3 over kobe bryant.

I see you changed your name but still have the same corny “kobrick” thing going. Dweebery at its finest

Back
Top Bottom