The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

We’re not talking enough about the huge mins from Bruce Brown. Jawing with the Lakers bench and making some crucial plays to keep the lead under double digits. Especially at a point when Joker and Murray didn’t have it going.

Aside from the heroics from Jokic and Murray, Brown has been the key for the Nuggets.

Attacking the rim, making timely shots and having the zesty babushka in his feelings.

We’re not talking enough about the huge mins from Bruce Brown. Jawing with the Lakers bench and making some crucial plays to keep the lead under double digits. Especially at a point when Joker and Murray didn’t have it going.

37 minutes off the bench and was arguably the Nuggets best player overall behind Murray and Joker. They don’t win without his performance.

He is a dawg, as they say.

lakers should've had a bigger lead going into the half. a lot of missed opportunities.
props to denver for waking up, but the lakeshow really let them back in. don't know what bron and ad was on tonight. good sign is rui and austin been solid. definitely should feel confident going back home. you get an average gm from your stars and you should win. i just can't see them laying another dud again

They suck.
I know they're not Horford, Timelord, but when you're down 2-0 and getting worked in the paint, you gotta use em for their size, rebounding, and length alone. Denver is winning the paint battle after two games and that's the most important battle in playoff basketball.

It's not like you gonna play em more than 10-12 combined min anyway but you play em just enough minutes to impact the game in spurts to allow the Lakers to sustain leads and/or catch up from deficits.

2020 led to a championship cause the 15-24 combined minutes that Dwight, Kieff, and Javale played each game all playoffs allowed AD to stay fresh and do his thing while making the Lakers an imposing force inside for all 48 minutes, even when AD was on thr bench resting.

Don't got that luxury this year.

When your teams half court offense has ground to a halt,

id make some acutual adjustments
rather than just pray Jamal Murray turns into Steph Curry in the 4th
Someone has for them all season. Too good of an offense to worry about or keep down for 4 quarters. Best remaining in the league.

As if Lebron and AD chucking up 3s is the secret to success. I'll take my chances with Jamal Murray in that battle, thanks.

I don’t disagree, but still feel like Malone is taking it too much to heart. Shannon and Nick Wright are the two biggest LeBron slurpers in the media - to be expected from them.

But I guess if he’s doing what he feels is necessary to keep his team motivated, I guess we should just let him cook.
I agree with this and Mike isn’t a good coach but a good motivator as I’ve mentioned plenty of times. He’s probably tired of folks dismissing his team all year which is why everyone on that team plays with a chip on their shoulder.

The fact that this team shot 20 threes in the 4th quarter alone and made only one shows how gassed this team was.

They know that they now have to climb Mount Everest and win 4 of the next 5. Unless the Lakers guards find a solution for Murray, I just don't see that happening.

Now imagine if we acquired the battle tested and savvy defensive player Mike Conley instead of the soft D-Angelo Russell 🤔

Pelinka messed up. Time to change the avatar :lol:

Last edited:
Aside from the heroics from Jokic and Murray, Brown has been the key for the Nuggets.

Attacking the rim, making timely shots and having the zesty babushka in his feelings.
Agreed, the Nuggets have a better supporting cast compared to teams of the years past.

the great ones find any little thing to motivate themselves. if not, they create a narrative. mike malone being a son of a coach been around the game too long. he knows what he's doing. will it work? who knows, but they are up 2-0.

On the brightside you can look at it as the Lakers have 3 of the next 5 games at home

Someone has for them all season. Too good of an offense to worry about or keep down for 4 quarters. Best remaining in the league.

As if Lebron and AD chucking up 3s is the secret to success. I'll take my chances with Jamal Murray in that battle, thanks.

data-fallacy-survivorship-bias.png

Mike Malone has been bad but the Nuggets are winning anyways.

he should go work on figuring out an adjustment for Rui on Jokic

instead of chirping at analysts accurately analyzing the series.

Keep Lebron
Keep Hoochiemama
Trade AD for KD
Trade DLo and everyone else for Kyrie
Sign Draymond and the Volume

Who beats that 5 man team with its own podcast?

No one.

Literally before the end of game 1 Van Gundy and Mark were saying the Nuggets should feel like they lost and “The Lakers figured Something Out with Rui”. ESPN and Fox ran with this narrative. Shannon and Skip said Denver should feel like they lost game 1. Jamelle Hill was tweeting the same thing and Nick Wright was co-signing it all. Malone wasn’t making it all up.

Back
Top Bottom