The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

I didnt really even notice Pandemic P was in the game last night, on either end. Granite Dort is a tough defender and Mark D was mirroring Georges minutes with Dort

I enjoyed seeing John Wall cook

I didnt really even notice Pandemic P was in the game last night, on either end. Granite Dort is a tough defender and Mark D was mirroring Georges minutes with Dort

I enjoyed seeing John Wall cook
PG had the 40 piece against Sacramento in the Clippers second game, but has been very pedestrian otherwise. He supposedly was sick this week, so maybe he's still not a 100 percent. But he's off to a slow start for sure, as are pretty much all the Clippers except Zubac, Wall and Kennard.

Before the season, the Year 2 comparisons matched up with the likes of Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Michael Redd, etc. I just wanted him to build off last season, but he may really be an all-star this year.

The handle is better, playmaking better and a 3-level scorer. I'm scared

Lol at clipper fans reverse jinxing their team

Clippers are fine. Get kawhi healthy. Figure our rotation. Trade extra pieces to consolidate for one more playmaker.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 121452.png

They’re gonna run into trouble once the playoffs come and they run into some teams who switch and the Mavs won’t have any other dribblers
They've run into that problem every year he's been here.

Those first couple of years, Brunson was out one year and then damn near unplayable the other and Luka still almost got them past the Clips twice.

Last year Brunson was finally assertive - but they still weren't very good offensively overall.

I don't think I know what the right Luka "mix" is gonna be. Wood's a great fit, but needs to be able to play with a bigger forward that can rim protect - which they don't have.

The end of the game last night was painful. Luka and 4 guys that can't dribble/panic if they aren't wide open.

Think this will be a better regular season offensive team, potentially even a better defensive team, too, but the ceiling will be lower come nut cutting time.

We will be fine honestly

Get kawhi back. Figure out rotation. I trust Lue.

Clippers honestly kinda look like the Lakers from last season. Old roster, injury prone stars, goofy coaching decisions, only one legit big man. If guys like Jackson and Mann are considered depth pieces then they really aren't that deep

They've run into that problem every year he's been here.

Those first couple of years, Brunson was out one year and then damn near unplayable the other and Luka still almost got them past the Clips twice.

Last year Brunson was finally assertive - but they still weren't very good offensively overall.

I don't think I know what the right Luka "mix" is gonna be. Wood's a great fit, but needs to be able to play with a bigger forward that can rim protect - which they don't have.

The end of the game last night was painful. Luka and 4 guys that can't dribble/panic if they aren't wide open.

Think this will be a better regular season offensive team, potentially even a better defensive team, too, but the ceiling will be lower come nut cutting time.
The right Luka mix definitely is not Luka + all shooters and your best dribblers are Spence/Brunson

Defensively is a whole other story (like when they ran into LAC two years in a row) but at least they showed signs last season

Defensively, McGee is probably good for one round, maybe two at best but all at limited minutes. Wood, Powell are not to be depended upon either when it counts as an anchor

Maxi then again becomes a guy who you need to switch and protect the rim

Anyway, the worst matchups in the Playoffs are LAC and GSW and then the Nuggets

Mavs have shown they can compete (and beat) Memphis, PHX which is nice but that doesn't mean it'd be an easy series by any stretch. The Pels would be hell for anyone imo

The most frustrating thing about Ben Simmons is, he clearly has not worked on his game. Like at all.

It’s one thing, to be hurt, have mental issues etc etc. it’s a whole nother thing to not even try to improve your game.

That’s the most alarming thing. A guy in his mid 20s…does not want to get better at anything.

Back
Top Bottom