The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The right Luka mix definitely is not Luka + all shooters and your best dribblers are Spence/Brunson

Defensively is a whole other story (like when they ran into LAC two years in a row) but at least they showed signs last season

Defensively, McGee is probably good for one round, maybe two at best but all at limited minutes. Wood, Powell are not to be depended upon either when it counts as an anchor

Maxi then again becomes a guy who you need to switch and protect the rim

Anyway, the worst matchups in the Playoffs are LAC and GSW and then the Nuggets

Mavs have shown they can compete (and beat) Memphis, PHX which is nice but that doesn't mean it'd be an easy series by any stretch. The Pels would be hell for anyone imo
The Pelicans are going to be a load if they can keep people on the floor - but with that core group, good luck.

I just don't think there's a ton of teams can consistently exploit the Mavs defensively - to your point, Golden State obviously will. Even the Clippers, I kinda just think that's a matchup the Mavs can figure out to a degree enough to keep things competitive. They've already shown it.

Everyone else - at least right now - just kinda feels like Luka's going to be a gravitational black hole and it's more a matter of whether or not the Mavs get hot and make shots.

They're going to have to make a move at some point - I just don't know when/what that looks like. I still think not maxing Brunson was probably the right move for this group long-term, but it's obviously going to hurt in the short-term as they ride out finding another path to a true second ball handler.

Westbrook owns a dealership? I just saw a Hyundai SUV that had plates Garden Grove Hyundai at the top, and Russell Westbrook at the bottom.

Brodie may not get another max payday, but it looks like he’s got enough investment to be alright.

The bigger markets already have the advantage, i dont see a problem with it. How can small market s compete when even best case scenario you draft right, bring in high value fas and shrewd trades, you got like 2 bad years and even in some cases while a team is good before your stars want to be traded to a more neapolitan market who can also afford to surround them with 9 other max contract players

#lucifersadvocate

The bigger markets already have the advantage, i dont see a problem with it. How can small market s compete when even best case scenario you draft right, bring in high value fas and shrewd trades, you got like 2 bad years and even in some cases while a team is good before your stars want to be traded to a more neapolitan market who can also afford to surround them with 9 other max contract players

#lucifersadvocate
As soon as a smaller market drafts the right guy they're cooked too because you max him out and have even less resources to fill out the roster i.e. Bucks

#nottodaysatan

Back
Top Bottom