The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

random: I'm not normally one to hate on announcers,

but Van Gundy and Mark Jackson have become insufferable.

- the constant complaining about the officials,
- snide comments about officials when they don't even know the rules.
- the constant just ****ting on the game,
- complaining about flopping,
- giving meta commentary about the state of the game and how they would change the rules with every play.

at point I wonder, do these guys actually like basketball??

they are like wrestling heel announcers talking about the Baby face wrestler. it's getting absurd.
Van Gundy mailed it in a really long time ago . It’s just a check for them at this point.

Another two days :smh:

At least we get Wednesday and Friday

I was catching up on the thread from and this came up a few times and I can’t figure out why this is a thing amongst fans, especially in 2023. People are *****ing about it and saying “Silver is shook” but this is not new at all :lol:

Every Finals since 2016 except for the Bubble and the subsequent oddly timed 2020-2021 playoffs has been Thu-Sun-Weds-Friday-Mon-Thu-Sun. I think maybe the every other night games in the conference finals and those two odd years may have made folks forget but this is the norm.

I was catching up on the thread from and this came up a few times and I can’t figure out why this is a thing amongst fans, especially in 2023. People are *****ing about it and saying “Silver is shook” but this is not new at all :lol:

Every Finals since 2016 except for the Bubble and the subsequent oddly timed 2020-2021 playoffs has been Thu-Sun-Weds-Friday-Mon-Thu-Sun. I think maybe the every other night games in the conference finals and those two odd years may have made folks forget but this is the norm.
I WANT BASKETBALL EVERYDAY AND I WANT IT NOW

ezgif-3-ab2d2ae3a0.gif

And to clarify I'm not complaining about the schedule. For the players sake I'm glad they get days off. It's just any day without ball is a net negative in general :lol:

Van Gundy mailed it in a really long time ago . It’s just a check for them at this point.
easy gig for them. think they been cutting back on their schedule in recent years.
seems like these two still got many years left as the 1st team. has mark even interviewed for any nba jobs since his warriors gig? don't think jvg will go back to coaching.
who would espn replace them with? doris and rj or jj?

easy gig for them. think they been cutting back on their schedule in recent years.
seems like these two still got many years left as the 1st team. has mark even interviewed for any nba jobs since his warriors gig? don't think jvg will go back to coaching.
who would espn replace them with? doris and rj or jj?
I think Marc was interviewed for the Bucks last month.

It's just any day without ball is a net negative in general :lol:

Maaannnn that extra day off had dudes in here grouchy as hell this weekend :lol: I think it’ll be tame for now since the work week is starting up. But if either team has a 3-1 lead going into the weekend with Game 5 not being until Monday then it’s going to be a Royal Rumble

Gonna justify being bad in the regular season.

First thing I thought about too. The NBA? You sure? :lol:

The Regular Season would take a big blow. :lol:

As for Basketball tho - either the Heat or the Nuggets winning it is good for the Game. Basketball can’t lose.

Back
Top Bottom