The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I was so tired of KCP and Maga Porter playing up to their potential, Jamal Murray losing his mind.

Hope Denver's supporting cast has a few more games just like that.

Beautiful morning

20230605_071414.jpg
We need the cartoon edit with the mean mug

Monica is perfection gyatdamb!!

Knows her ball - more qualified than a screamin’A & that 🥜head that took over Rachel’s gig - and out there saving lives with them thighs.

😍.

She’s got the crown for now.

Curious how they fill out the rest of the Team USA roster for August.

Guys to look at:

Bigs: Jaren Jackson Jr, Evan Mobley, Myles Turner, Kevon Looney, Paolo Banchero (?)
Wings: Trey Murphy III, Kevin Huerter, Jaden McDaniels, Jalen Williams, Devin Vassell
Guards: Tyrese Maxey, Alex Caruso, Desmond Bane

Ignored would-be free agents (even though Reaves committed as one) and players that played in the Conference Finals/Finals.

The gaps in games allow the podders to really get into the game at large.

I'm not gonna waste time with ESPNs NBA coverage. It's the worst it's ever been.

People need to stop watching ESPN coverage expecting insightful analysis in aggregate. If it's not Legs and sometimes JJ then it's just not worth it. As a whole, it serves as entertainment and low-level "analysis" for casuals. The folks that people are claiming aren't watching the Finals because it's Denver vs. Miami definitely don't want in-depth coverage. The want chaos. They want narratives. So that is what Stephen A, Perk, Jay Williams, most of the crew and ESPN give them.

ESPN isn't for us and 95% of their NBA coverage isn't put out by folks like us #HighIQFans

Big Perk isn’t even that bad these days as long as he’s not talking about Lebbywinks

He's come a long that way, that's for sure. I just need to see it stick. One thing I have to give him big props for....I saw clips from Friday and I think he might have been the only one to pick Miami to win the series. After Game 1 when everyone was talmbout a Denver sweep while mocking him and what not he doubled down. He said Spo was the best coach in the league and the Heat would make the necessary adjustments to win Game 2. And well...
leonardo-dicaprio.gif

As an impartial observer and fan of the game, this is shaping up to be a great series. You really can't count the Heats out. I saw they are tied for most double-digit comeback wins in playoff runs at 7 with the '22 Warriors, '12 Heat, '11 Heat. That's some good company right right there.

random: I'm not normally one to hate on announcers,

but Van Gundy and Mark Jackson have become insufferable.

- the constant complaining about the officials,
- snide comments about officials when they don't even know the rules.
- the constant just ****ting on the game,
- complaining about flopping,
- giving meta commentary about the state of the game and how they would change the rules with every play.

at point I wonder, do these guys actually like basketball??

they are like wrestling heel announcers talking about the Baby face wrestler. it's getting absurd.
Most games I'm like...when is Van Gundy'
random: I'm not normally one to hate on announcers,

but Van Gundy and Mark Jackson have become insufferable.

- the constant complaining about the officials,
- snide comments about officials when they don't even know the rules.
- the constant just ****ting on the game,
- complaining about flopping,
- giving meta commentary about the state of the game and how they would change the rules with every play.

at point I wonder, do these guys actually like basketball??

they are like wrestling heel announcers talking about the Baby face wrestler. it's getting absurd.
Most games I'm like , "when is Van Gundy's contract up?!!!"

Big Perk isn’t even that bad these days as long as he’s not talking about Lebbywinks
There was a moment after game 7 of Celtics Heat where he said he was going out of character for a second then almost gave a Tim Legler like analysis of the game. It’s a shame he’s relegated to playing a hot take character because it was the first time I’ve heard him give a real analysis

So on the final possession Jokic was being guarded by undrafted 6’2” Gabe Vincent and didn’t call for the ball so he could take the last shot :wow::nerd:
1685976596954.png

Famb, you keep trying to dog Jokic for not taking the last shot as if the 7', 285lb big man is known to be a guy that dribbles up the court and isos into an decent 3PA.

Murray is their best off the bounce 3 pointer shooter and they didn't call a timeout which is the only realistic way that ball would have ended up in Jokic's hands aside from a pick and pop. It only makes sense that Murray took that shot.

Cut it out and use the extra day off before Game 3 to train your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom