The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

There were more
hubie (3).png

Screenshot-20230623-100137-Brave.jpg

diddydatazz2.png

So it seems the Clippers have to make some moves this off-season just for salary dumping reasons. Then again, Uncle Steve’s net with is up to $102 billion as of this morning, so maybe he’s cool with blowing a bunch of luxury tax money.

So it seems the Clippers have to make some moves this off-season just for salary dumping reasons. Then again, Uncle Steve’s net with is up to $102 billion as of this morning, so maybe he’s cool with blowing a bunch of luxury tax money.

If I am understanding correctly there are a lot of potential long-term implications even if he was willing to spend whatever. Potentially hamstringing yourself down the line when your current championship hopes are based on the health of Kawhi and PG is bold IMO. I think one of the biggest things to watch with the Clippers is how they handle Kawhi and PG extensions because they both have player options next season.

Also, congrats on the new job man! I hadn't seen you in here for awhile and thought you got banned but you were busy making moves :nthat:

Leon sat quietly last nite w/ the exception of signing Obi’s lil brother to a 2-way contract. If that’s nothing more than a tea leaf then that bodes well for the next #1 up.

Still time to find Juju a new home. Dallas, Portland, Sackramento, NO [ :nerd: ] Long shot as some may be but a phone call clears the air every time.

That signing if nothing else reminds me how super excited Leon was when he drafted Obadiah Jr. please let this be a gesture of solitude as we navigate these dubious waters.

If I am understanding correctly there are a lot of potential long-term implications even if he was willing to spend whatever. Potentially hamstringing yourself down the line when your current championship hopes are based on the health of Kawhi and PG is bold IMO. I think one of the biggest things to watch with the Clippers is how they handle Kawhi and PG extensions because they both have player options next season.

Also, congrats on the new job man! I hadn't seen you in here for awhile and thought you got banned but you were busy making moves :nthat:
I may have also been banned. LOL.

But thanks. Much appreciated.

And I think you’re right that there are harsher penalties for team’s blowing through the cap than just the tax. Has to be with as many ultra wealthy owners as there are in the league now.

Last edited:
I think they should do the opposite and load up. Money is nothing to him and they seem committed to the Kawhi-PG duo for the foreseeable future.

I think they should do the opposite and load up. Money is nothing to him and they seem committed to the Kawhi-PG duo for the foreseeable future.

Riding the wheels off of Kawhi-PG is an option but damn man....Giving a 33 year old and 32 year old, who both have histories of injuries, near max/near max extensions is a hell of a gamble. I'm not even sure if fans buy into that after everything they have seen from the duo. All it would take is one healthy season, though

Back
Top Bottom