The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Thunder will have Poku, and Cason as rookies next year.

PG: SGA/ Cason
SG: Giddy/ Isiah Joe
SF: Jalen Williams/ Dort
PF: Poku/ Kenrich
C: Jaylen/ Dario

Then you got Mann. Wiggins amongst others...That roster is getting crowded. Especially when you consider the plethora of draft picks they still have in the coming years.

Should they consider making a move for Ayton maybe?
By Poku, you mean Chet? :lol:

I think they just go wild with SGA, Giddey, JDubb, Dort and Chet.

He is ready but the Spurs are different man.

For instance Paolo Banchero who just won ROY averaged 34 MPG.

I don’t think Wemby gets near that. Think he’ll be at around 27-30 MPG with Pop.

Not to mention games played. I believe the 65 GP applies to ROY as well so with potential injuries and load management, he could easily sit for 17+ games.

For example, not sure of his injury history but Sochan only played 56 games last year @ 26MPG

I missed the whole draft and haven't really looked into what happened yet, but the team that employs Miles Bridges, Terry Rozier, PJ Washington, and Melo Ball making this pick is wild to me the way sports media and perception work now.

Hope it works out. Critics be damned. Pick the guy you want to pick. This is still really basketball and your goal is to win basketball games. Take the guy you want to do that.

Scoot just looks and carries himself like a star. Looked like THAT dude last night. Can’t believe someone other than Wemby was picked over him :lol:

His fit was trash. Looked liked Calvin Murphy x Liberachi

Boy was looking tacky with all that gaudy mess on

(He’s going to be nice though. I think he’ll be what D.Rose would’ve been, with good health)

A77DA76E-8B9B-43EA-BCFD-3FD8D858ACA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hoping this is the wakeup call. Everyone in Portland needs to realize it's just time.

I love guys staying and investing in a place of their own... But there's a point when you get into it's just obvious it's not gonna work - and we're there.

Feels like maybe the organization is there and just doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

You've got Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, Rupert, Nas Little on a small deal... You're probably stuck paying Nurkic bad money a few years but go get a haul for Dame and just hit reset hard.

This is what is crazy to me...both parties are being childish. If the FO thinks it's time then trade the man. If Dame doesn't want to be there then tell the FO. Stop pusssyfooting around it in the media and just have dialogue. The only conversation that should be occurring right is where he gets sent.

Philly's Harden decision will play a role but IDK how you justify a Dame for Maxey or Herro when you have Simons/Sharpe/Henderson on your roster. What other teams that are serious contenders that Dame would like? Brooklyn? Maybe the Bucks get in the fold?

For context, mans is from Dallas (Richardson) and just got drafted by his hometown team to play with Luka and Kyrie and got rug pulled and now he has to move to Edmond or Nichols Hills and make sure he has eaten before 9:01pm is ok with drive through for the night. Still hilarious introduction to OKC fans. Me and a-friend a-friend gotta take son to White Water Bay

Been chatting up with people today and now that it has settled down, most people like Masai's **** pick.

Do you?
I said we needed shooting but…

We basically drafted Duncan Robinson

Don’t think he’ll be creating much of his own shots

Might get cooked on d

Low ceiling

Raptors running it back probably

Oh my bad lol yeah Chet (fixed).

How great would it be to have OKC vs Spurs opening night.

Chet vs Wemby will be a spectacle to watch. :lol:

I said we needed shooting but…

We basically drafted Duncan Robinson

Don’t think he’ll be creating much of his own shots

Might get cooked on d

Low ceiling

Raptors running it back probably

Yeah...in typical Masai fashion, this move indicates that they will run it back.

Also, most people who liked the pick were praying for Kobe before the pick even happened, no one wanted ****. But after the pick, everyone was happy with it and started convincing themselves it's the right pick because "Masai knows what he's doing".

The blind trust in Masai so weird man. The fans here will never admit it though.

For context, mans is from Dallas (Richardson) and just got drafted by his hometown team to play with Luka and Kyrie and got rug pulled and now he has to move to Edmond or Nichols Hills and make sure he has eaten before 9:01pm is ok with drive through for the night. Still hilarious introduction to OKC fans. Me and a-friend a-friend gotta take son to White Water Bay

His suit pays homage to his hood too.

:lol:

Thats the goal but make no bones about it this is a Dort replacement potentially. Dort also has the most tradeable contract around 17m per (could combine with Bertans now for around 35m)

The Canada thing and being SGAs best friend potentially make things dicey but Dort out here shooting 39% from the field and on layups and fouling at thenl end of game’s snatching defeat from the jaws of victory grew tiresome last season. If we ever make the playoffs he is easy to scout for on offense, just let him drive and dont contest. Classic football player playing basketball steelo he just dives in there looking for contact and often misses badly if he doesnt get it. Even Casons highlight tape looks almost exactly like Dort

Portland got:
Dame, Simons, Sharpe, Scoot.. How many undersized guards who are net negatives on defense they going to trot out there? Need to send HAM over to manage their 3-4 guard lineups.
Portland can't seriously go to Dame and say they are trying to contend this year instead of building for the future. This is a team built for 3 years from now, need to trade Dame, Nurk and go all in with the young movement. Portland a play-in team AT BEST.

I think Richaun Holmes is still an upgrade over all them bums they were running at center in Dallas. Not going to solve their problems, but a slight improvement

Back
Top Bottom