The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

Riding the wheels off of Kawhi-PG is an option but damn man....Giving a 33 year old and 32 year old, who both have histories of injuries, near max/near max extensions is a hell of a gamble. I'm not even sure if fans buy into that after everything they have seen from the duo. All it would take is one healthy season, though
I saw something on Twitter this week - I think Bill Simmons was the original source - saying there are rumblings that the Clippers are not committed to giving either Kawhi or PG multi-year, big money extensions. We'll see though. Most of what I read on Twitter about the Clippers, I don't trust.

Have no idea how they offloaded Bertrans, was quite the move, hope that turns into much needed depth

As for the three newcomers it’s not too exciting tbh

I’ve said my prediction on lively. Holmes is a good backup, makes the mcgee thing last thing look worse. The utility rook is cool I guess

There were so many more so skill players left at 12 so I hope lively was worth it
Holmes 100% has a role immediately, I think. I'm not gonna continue to look backwards and pick apart the McGee thing. It was a mistake, but it isn't a big enough one to continue to harp on it. There wasn't anybody that signed for that portion of the MLE that would've made a lick of difference this year.

They 100% had to retool their pool of bigs, no matter how much you feel like they've fixated on it over the years. They've run out Dwight Powell for damn near a decade and tried 100 different bandaids during that time and finally invested in an actual solution.

I might've taken Whitmore and I wouldn't have been upset with Wallace - but it feels obvious at this point there was something going on with Whitmore that we don't know about as of now... I wouldn't have taken any of the guards for this roster before Whitmore finally came off ahead of Lively.

The two kids they drafted last night might immediately be the best defensive players on the roster. Aside from the players, the whole thing just feels significantly more pliable than it did yesterday morning.

This thing wasn't going to be fixed in one offseason, let alone one night... But last night feels like a damn good first step in the right direction.

whats the O/U on PPG for Wemby on the season ?

i doubt odds are out but if yall had to guess what yall think it will be at

Vegas has his him at 17.5 PPG & 8.5 RPG with 2.5 blocks
my guy coming through ! Just what i was looking for

appreciate you

I like the Overs 17.5 tbh damn - i will have to keep an eye on that come start of season

I saw something on Twitter this week - I think Bill Simmons was the original source - saying there are rumblings that the Clippers are not committed to giving either Kawhi or PG multi-year, big money extensions. We'll see though. Most of what I read on Twitter about the Clippers, I don't trust.

I'm not sure if it's true but that absolutely makes sense. I would think that 's the main reason PG trade rumors are popping up.

my guy coming through ! Just what i was looking for

appreciate you

I like the Overs 17.5 tbh damn - i will have to keep an eye on that come start of season

My initial thought is under on all :lol:

I know he's a great prospect but nearly a 20 point double double with over 2.5 blocks is a crazy statline for any player, let alone a rookie. The opportunity will be there, though.

Thunder will have Poku, and Cason as rookies next year.

PG: SGA/ Cason
SG: Giddy/ Isiah Joe
SF: Jalen Williams/ Dort
PF: Chet/ Kenrich
C: Jaylen/ Dario

Then you got Mann. Wiggins amongst others...That roster is getting crowded. Especially when you consider the plethora of draft picks they still have in the coming years.

Should they consider making a move for Ayton maybe?

Last edited:
My initial thought is under on all :lol:

I know he's a great prospect but nearly a 20 point double double with over 2.5 blocks is a crazy statline for any player, let alone a rookie. The opportunity will be there, though.

I could also see the Spurs not play him enough minutes.

They may really take their time with him.

So you could be right.

Scoot just looks and carries himself like a star. Looked like THAT dude last night. Can’t believe someone other than Wemby was picked over him :lol:

He walks, plays, and dresses like Westbrook lol.

If Scoot can become a smarter, more efficient version of Russ...watch out.

So you could be right.

I think it depends on how ready he is. If he dominates right out of the gate, I can see them being competitive and aim to make the play in.

So you could be right.
Health really is the biggest issue for Wemby, otherwise sky is the limit. I can’t imagine he has a long career with his frame but he could absolutely dominate the league during his career.

I think it depends on how ready he is. If he dominates right out of the gate, I can see them being competitive and aim to make the play in.

He is ready but the Spurs are different man.

For instance Paolo Banchero who just won ROY averaged 34 MPG.

I don’t think Wemby gets near that. Think he’ll be at around 27-30 MPG with Pop.

Scoot just looks and carries himself like a star. Looked like THAT dude last night. Can’t believe someone other than Wemby was picked over him :lol:
Hoping this is the wakeup call. Everyone in Portland needs to realize it's just time.

I love guys staying and investing in a place of their own... But there's a point when you get into it's just obvious it's not gonna work - and we're there.

Feels like maybe the organization is there and just doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

You've got Scoot, Simons, Sharpe, Rupert, Nas Little on a small deal... You're probably stuck paying Nurkic bad money a few years but go get a haul for Dame and just hit reset hard.

Back
Top Bottom