The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

Least favorable of own? Even years are the pick swaps?
24, 26, 30 are swaps with Wizards
25, 27, 29 traded to Nets
28= swap with Nets and then swap with Wizards after that

The years where a third team is involved gets confusing though lol- not sure if that means Suns may not have a first at all those years?

Either way this seems good for Suns fans? The Suns can't just tank for the next several years, they'll have no incentive to unless they can get back some firsts

Media is blowing these Suns picks out of proportion. Making it seem like 2nd round picks and some pick swaps are some huge asset now
Not media

Woj.

Only Woj.

I’ve noticed he does that with Phoenix. Why? Probably bc Jones/Thomas/Ishbia has a deal with him to spin their acquisitions as positive in exchange for the earliest info.

Sick game.

Go back to when they traded a pick swap for 3 seconds with Memphis. He said the same thing: something like “after depleting their picks they make a move to get new draft assets!” The tone was insinuating that they are now chalk full of resources to make huge moves lol

But yes, nba media as a whole is a joke

24, 26, 30 are swaps with Wizards
25, 27, 29 traded to Nets
28= swap with Nets and then swap with Wizards after that

The years where a third team is involved gets confusing though lol- not sure if that means Suns may not have a first at all those years?

Either way this seems good for Suns fans? The Suns can't just tank for the next several years, they'll have no incentive to unless they can get back some firsts
Yea they can always trade Book or Ayton and KD might have one last trade in him based of rep alone in a year or 2 so they got options to get back some 1sts

Suns probly stuck with Beal till he’s expiring tho :lol:

You think there will be a year when the suns pick their pick and don’t even know if they are keeping the player or not lol

“I don’t know man. I lost track of which pick we have”

Yeah, I don’t think Cleveland or Toronto fans can be mad at the teams mortgaging their future to get Bron and Kawhi, respectively, considering they won championships which are extremely hard to come by. I am sure fans of plenty of other franchises would do the same. The way it went down (the breakup) may hurt but still worth it IMO.

Yeah, that’s fair. It was rough at the time but 2016 made up for it. In hindsight if he hadn’t left we’d probably have been stuck being one of the better teams in the league but not quite good enough to win it all.

1689531296348.png

I like what the Suns did this off-season. Pretty much just had veteran minimums and got lots of rotation players to add around their core of Booker, KD, Beal, Ayton:

retained Okogie- started for them most of the year last year, showed improvement
Damion Lee- Veteran shooter
Eric Gordon- Veteran at this point, but still got some left in the tank
Yuta Watanabe- had a stretch of >40% 3p shooting with KD last season
Eubanks- Started and was serviceable for Portland last year

Wild cards: C. Metu, Keita Bates Diop, Bol Bol

They don't have a traditional PG, but CP3 has went down several times over the last couple years and Booker steps in and has run point efficiently. Beal ain't no PG, don't care what Shams is reporting

Have the picks and swaps played out some yet
Not yet really. Rockets dodged a bullet in ‘21 with the pick swap. Okc still due ‘24 unprotected (luckily billed to be a historically weak draft) swap in ‘25 (shouldn’t be too bad because I think rockets and thunder will be good) and unprotected in ‘26

Beal is not a pg :lol:

Ironically, he's terrible at even just passing out of double teams. He has a scorer's mindset. He doesn't see a pass developing 2 moves before it happens. He sees an opening to score. If he can pick his spots and be patient, maybe it ultimately works out. But I don't think the Suns nor Book nor KD have that much patience or time, given the new owner, the roster and them clearly aiming for WCF at worst.

Back
Top Bottom