The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

You could make an argument he was better then that (2020) for stretches last year.

When you get swept and cooked by Jokic though it's easy to overlook.

Agree with everything you said. I think the Lakers are currently tough team to evaluate.

They were clearly a much improved team after the trade deadline but seemingly that all gets wiped away due to a Nuggets sweep…which included a three competitive games that they lost down the stretch. Doesn’t change the fact they got swept but they improved upon the post-deadline roster and will have a full training and presumably healthy Bron+AD.

Unless you think everything post-deadline as a fluke, there is no reason that they shouldn’t be considered one of the teams in the mix.

In 2018 Harden won MVP, the Rockets won 65 games, and they lost to the KD Warriors (arguably best team ever) in game 7 of the conference finals because they somehow managed to miss 27 straight 3s.

Feel like Dwight shouldn’t get extra credit for beating the KG-less Celtics and bummy Cavs roster. They then got destroyed by the Lakers in the finals where he only averaged 15 a game.

When you deep dive into it like that, yea Harden for sure. I got a bias against Harden when the whole Harden > Kobe thing started. He’s def one of the greatest offensive players ever though.

At same time, in 10 years most won’t remember that losing Rockets teams, but will know Dwight was in the Finals that lost to a much better Lakers team.

It’s just how it is.

Would you consider Paul Pierce and KG 1A/1B or do you think KG was the #1 option? Scoring between them is almost even in the regular season and playoffs (Ray Allen was within a few points too) but KG averaged 2 more shots throughout the playoff run.

Pierce was the go to guy. KG for sure the better player. I’d say 1A/1B during that run, but idk if most would agree.

In 2018 Harden won MVP, the Rockets won 65 games, and they lost to the KD Warriors (arguably best team ever) in game 7 of the conference finals because they somehow managed to miss 27 straight 3s.

Feel like Dwight shouldn’t get extra credit for beating the KG-less Celtics and bummy Cavs roster. They then got destroyed by the Lakers in the finals where he only averaged 15 a game.
Harden's defense was atrocious that series and his offense wasn't much better. He missed 11 3s in that game 7 and shot 41/24 for the series. That's how they lost

When you deep dive into it like that, yea Harden for sure. I got a bias against Harden when the whole Harden > Kobe thing started. He’s def one of the greatest offensive players ever though.

At same time, in 10 years most won’t remember that losing Rockets teams, but will know Dwight was in the Finals that lost to a much better Lakers team.

It’s just how it is.
They didn’t even put Dwight on the top 75 list. Folks already forgetting and not caring about his finals appearance :lol:

Their peaks were higher and actually sustainable in the
Playoffs.2 have titles and one has a finals appearance,which he does not have post 6th man years.
We count rings playing with Lebron?

Harden also averaged 6 assists to 5 turnovers that series. Dude was always overrated as hell :lol:. It's not like he balled out and it wasn't enough. They lost BECAUSE he was trash

Despite repeated playoff failures, Harden not only lived up to Ginobili comparisons, he completely surpassed them to become one of the greatest offensive threats of all time and change the game. It's hard to have a peak better than that. He wins 1 chip and he's remembered completely differently.

IMO talk of Ant leaving is predominantly based on the combination of the Minny FO reputation, the Goober trade (how it affected your draft capital along with his contract), the KAT super max and the trend of elite All-NBA players/stars (which Ant is headed towards) leaving after not winning in their OG (small) market.

I do not think any of us can say it is or is not a sure thing but all the ingredients of the recipe for him to eventually leave are there right now.

He just signed the rookie max though a couple weeks ago. All indications are he loves it here.

Crazily enough I could see AD fool *** saying something close to that.

Didn’t he say something akin last offszn?

Most teams who get the number 1 pick are in rebuild mode. Problem is Minny actually thinks it's a serious team.

After they got Ant they made win now moves with Gobert etc and they're still trash.

They need to blow it up and pray Ant is down to stay during a rebuild phase.

AD- one of the greatest postseason runs ever en route to a championship
Dwight- automatic DPOY for a 3 year stretch
Russ - triple double king and MVP during harden's peak

dj-khaled-you-smart.gif

Based on you thinking that his peak was in 2017/18 but him still being in his prime, do you think he is still capable of playing at his 2020 level?

I don't think he'll ever get back to that level of shooting and offensive consistency, let alone the availability so yea sad as it is we've probably seen the best of AD.

He just signed the rookie max though a couple weeks ago. All indications are he loves it here.

Signing an extension means nothing - see: Damian Lillard. He certainly loves the money the Minnesota Timberwolves were exclusively able to offer him but I don’t know him personally nor can I see the future so I don’t know if he loves where things are headed. For what it is worth, EYE don’t think this is something to be in love with even with a rising cap:
IMG_1752.jpeg

Not to mention that doesn’t include what they owe him starting in 2024-2025.

I am not saying he is going to leave or wishing for a departure from the Wolves by the way. As of right now his situation just looks more like AD’s (or Dame’s) than Joker/Giannis’, respectfully. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom