The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

I think the Warriors goal was obviously to extend their window and have another core to build with going forward. It wasn't just 1 more chip and garbage immediately after. So in that respect they came up way short of their intended goal
I think that goal was always unrealistic. Who has it truly worked for? Even the Spurs lost Kawhi. They should be happy to get 1 more and garbage. If you failed your way into immediate success, how badly did you really fail? :lol:

OH THE RECEIPTS I HAVE
Mans ready to post up in this thread like...
1669137348890.jpeg

🧢

Kuminga would have be one of the Rockets top 2 players had they drafted him.

Trying to pretend like these kids are “busts” is hilarious. The reality is they’re teenagers trying to fit into a complex scheme which is atypical of most lottery picks. That’s why Halliburton was the way to go in ‘20. He was one of the only prospects equipped to handle the learning curve.

All of this. Like, that is one of the rare times where you slightly overreach, and take the older guy with actual bball iq, that understands how to play.

What r yall still discussing this young man for? I thought he got sent back down last week?

Dudes stay looking for scapegoats and beating a dead horse before theyll even consider questioning their heroes smh

I think that goal was always unrealistic. Who has it truly worked for? Even the Spurs lost Kawhi. They should be happy to get 1 more and garbage. If you failed your way into immediate success, how badly did you really fail? :lol:
It worked for James worthy. They came up on the #2 pick while still being in the middle of their title window. Under those circumstances it's realistic that they could extend their timeline and it was something their front office was open about. That doesn't happen often and they had a number of better decisions they could've made. Winning the championship last season is still an accomplishment but it's easy to see how they left money on the table

What r yall still discussing this young man for? I thought he got sent back down last week?

Dudes stay looking for scapegoats and beating a dead horse before theyll even consider questioning there heroes smh

He’s a pro. A #2 pick. I think people are simply going back and looking at troubling signs that should have been glaring weaknesses, in hindsight.

For me, I just didn’t see how it would work with the team that drafted him, and what their goals were and their timelines. It became obvious very quick, that Wiseman would be a long term project and a bad fit.

Some people can just never admit the Warriors do anything wrong :lol:

Breh - I am saying the Warriors ****ed up with Wiseman and probably Kuminga and Moody too. However to realistically extend their window they would have had to hit on all three of those picks...which was unrealistic. Even then it is not a guarantee they win one. Folks wrote them 20-21 and they won a strap the year after. That is more than anyone, especially detractors, could have predicted given the situation with their draft misses and "aging out".

As a Lakers fan you should know how hard it is to win after a dynasty. Lakers went 5-2 in 10 years then were mid for like 9 years before coming back and winning again. Dubs went 4-2 in 8 years and may be mid for awhile. Don't act like what they might go through is some anomaly.

I think most people expected the Warriors to trade the pick(s). Warriors FO has even talked about those expectations. That would've been the most obvious choice to make. As bad as the Warriors are now they'd be so much better with 3 serviceable role players over the guys they drafted. That's not unrealistic at all

As a Lakers fan you should know how hard it is to win after a dynasty. Lakers went 5-2 in 10 years then were mid for like 9 years before coming back and winning again. Dubs went 4-2 in 8 years and may be mid for awhile. Don't act like what they might go through is some anomaly.
That's the whole point. They had a perfect opportunity to avoid that post dynasty drought and it appears that they goofed. Simple as that. Low key still have that opportunity if they bottom out this season

Back
Top Bottom