The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

this new Maxey pod with embiid was very good

sheds light on the Simmons situation

if anyone wanted to tune in

Are they offering ownership stake in that arena investment? The team is young & flourishing. This doesn’t look good smh.

**** that ownership group & what they’re imposing on the taxpayers.
nah just the ability to say we have an nba team and therefore are out of or at worst case in the lead of, the group of cities like Birmingham, Kansas City, Tulsa, Albequerque, etc. I agree 95/5 split is disrespectful though based on history and comparatively similar situations like even the recent Bucks deal, but what leverage does the city have? Hopefully it passes or if it's a no vote there's a renegotation and the owners come back like alright 40%, city still owns the arena, but we don't pay rent, and we'll stay til 2050 or something. Looked at the ownership group on the BYOO page and 1Billi is nothing for them

Haliburton & his camp telling teams not to draft him so he could play behind/with Fox and now doing this underdog, "I could name all eleven (11) teams that passed on me" thing is slightly annoying
This is where the turns starts

joker-and-here-we-go.gif

Haliburton & his camp telling teams not to draft him so he could play behind/with Fox and now doing this underdog, "I could name all eleven (11) teams that passed on me" thing is slightly annoying
weird tbh

u gotta follow examples of greats
did kobe name all the teams that passed up on him?? nah he just became the best to do it mane, miss mamba rip

Got that Toppin family bounce ofc 🐾

At least have him on the bench if needed these next couple months

Sounds like PJ Tucker is going to get moved again and is frustrated in Clipper land. Due to not playing. He knows those 12 year old shoes only have so life left on them. And in his current situation they aren’t getting any court time. Plus he has a sneaker title to defend.

I would’ve never thought Hali would be significantly better than Cade.

It's fascinating how outside of LeBron and Rose, I can't think of another #1 pick who won MVP or was the best player on the draft. This year and last year are still too early to tell, but the years before:
  • Cade ---> Barnes of Sengun might be the best
  • Ant ---> it was the right pick but Hali is on another level now
  • Zion ---> JA would be the #1 pick in hindsight
  • Ayton ---> Luka, Shai, Trae
  • Fultz ---> Tatum
I can keep going on. Also, Joker and Giannis were not even lottery picks. With that said, if you don't have a sure fire generational talent, is getting the #1 pick overrated?
I think what the Thunder is doing getting more picks rather than high picks is more valuable for many reasons.

Come to think of it, even a sure fire generational talent is not guaranteed (Zion).

Sounds like PJ Tucker is going to get moved again and is frustrated in Clipper land. Due to not playing. He knows those 12 year old shoes only have so life left on them. And in his current situation they aren’t getting any court time. Plus he has a sneaker title to defend.
Considering how well Theis fit in, that Zu is now playing better and Plumlee should be back soon, PJ’s probably right that his best opportunity to get minutes is elsewhere. Fine with me if the Clips move him.

I hate when NBA teams try to significantly change a players form. Years of muscle memory >>>>

Especially if the shot already falling
Sometimes it’s justified. If people are erratic/bad shooters with a busted form when then come in the league, I think it makes sense to try experimenting with form. Guys like MKG and Lonzo come to mind.

But if someone comes in having already proven to be a proficient shooter despite unorthodox form - Hali, Kevin Martin, Reggie Miller for example, don’t mess with it. If it ain’t broke…

Sometimes it’s justified. If people are erratic/bad shooters with a busted form when then come in the league, I think it makes sense to try experimenting with form. Guys like MKG and Lonzo come to mind.

But if someone comes in having already proven to be a proficient shooter despite unorthodox form - Hali, Kevin Martin, Reggie Miller for example, don’t mess with it. If it ain’t broke…
shawn merrion comes to mind, loved watching him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom