The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

Doc is an easy target but he's their 3rd coach in 10 months. I think it's on the players at this point.

meanwhile the person he was talking to on the Phone is the one who dont want to win

got proof in 4k the amount of hustle plays tobias has
He talking about Oubre.
First off why tf tobias asking questions like that :rofl:
Giving vibes of when Kyrie was asking what the playoffs felt like
He tryna see what the vibes are now since Doc ain’t his head coach. Considering the Bucks are 3-7 since hiring in

Can they use AI to improve the officiating?

I think the problems a lot of people have with officiating, stems from the fact that officials have become MORE objective and accurate not LESS.

Refs used to be able to just call stuff based on vibes and feel + rules;
But once you have an objective standard
it's more easily gamed in ways the might violate the spirit of the rules.

Take travel calls, in the past it was counting steps+vibe and feel.
The first euro step was called a travel.

If you want to make the travel rule objective, but still capture all the things we still want to see in basketball,
it necessitates the concept of a "Gather Step"

one you have the gather step, it can be manipulated in way that break the spirit of the rule but are still technically legal.

case in point;

TLDR; AI refs would make the problem worse not better. we have to go back to allowing human judgement of refs.

one you have the gather step, it can be manipulated in way that break the spirit of the rule but are still technically legal.

case in point;

TLDR; AI refs would make the problem worse not better. we have to go back to allowing human judgement of refs.

Case in point what? That’s a clear travel :lol: :lol:

Dude took 4-5 more steps After he picked up his dribble (he’s allowed two). That’s a travel my guy :lol: :lol:

A gather step can’t manipulate anything. Take anything more than 2 steps or a hop step, it’s a travel. Why? Because you went 3 steps after picking up your dribble

You have to put the ball on the floor regardless. Once you pick up your dribble, you can either take one “hop” or two individual steps. It’s that plain and simple. Anything beyond 2 steps after picking up your dribble is a travel.

Last edited:
Doc is an easy target but he's their 3rd coach in 10 months. I think it's on the players at this point.

To be fair, your first statement suggests that it's on management, not the players But also:
  • Doc sucks
  • Management made a horrible decision because Doc sucks
  • Dame is not himself this year, not sure if it's depression from the divorce or if he's aging. Either way, the team's playing worse because Doc sucks.

Back
Top Bottom