The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

IMG_2292.jpeg

It wasn't his fault.

If you told me all 4 of their top guys would be healthy I’d be shocked. Therein lies the problem. Health is a skill.
Sure, but could say that about most other playoff teams too. Clips, Pels, Mavs, Warriors, Lakers have all had guys that have missed playoff time over the years.

Nuggets hadn’t exactly been a beacon of health either until last year.

East teams have same problems too. Zingus could go down any second. Middleton has missed a bunch. Embiid is currently out. Heat always have guys banged up. Knicks.

Injury luck always going to play a huge factor.

If you woulda told me Randle would have the better career….I would’ve laughed. Especially after this season :smh:. Him & Giannis were looking like they were going to be a crazy 1-2 forward punch. Milwaukee ain’t even need it in the end.

Bari is more of a what if. Dudes like Jah & Derrick Williams never had it. Bari got up to 20 on 49/38

Crazy how so many paragraphs were written on him vs. Wiggins. Bari got hurt, Wiggins ended up giving us ONE season, and he was the #4 scorer on the team

I don’t really see what the path was for PHX otherwise. They went to a finals in the weird Covid year with Chris Paul healthy and DeAndre Ayton actually engaged and playing well. Had zero chance of ever getting back as they were constructed.

CP has basically been hurt every year since. Michael Bridges is at very best a 3rd option on an elite team. Cam Johnson is a role player. Ayton doesn’t care about anything other than video games.

Guess they could’ve just kept everything and been a middle road team with more middle to late first round picks?

I don’t really see what the path was for PHX otherwise. They went to a finals in the weird Covid year with Chris Paul healthy and DeAndre Ayton actually engaged and playing well. Had zero chance of ever getting back as they were constructed.

CP has basically been hurt every year since. Michael Bridges is at very best a 3rd option on an elite team. Cam Johnson is a role player. Ayton doesn’t care about anything other than video games.

Guess they could’ve just kept everything and been a middle road team with more middle to late first round picks?
If they went down that road, I think it would have been a matter of time before Book ask out

He had to endure all those years when the Suns were complete ****, all those coaches, unserious teammates, and now you ask him to hold tight during his prime years.

Seems like a recipe for a disgruntled superstar to me.

Man is immune from that 'voter fatigue' we heard so much about in previous years after his chip :lol:

The only thing stopping Joker from winning it is if he takes a break at the end of the season and SGA continues going hard.

Man is immune frok that 'voter fatigue' we heard so much about in previous years after his chip :lol:
Voters went from thinking giving him two was a mistake to thinking they should have given it to him last year after he won a chip and now maybe SGA will be penalized for not having a playoff run.

Still time though. I think Jokic was #1 last year in the straw poll around this time and then the Embiid push happened.

This is also another year where Giannis is carrying and will probably finish 3rd

Voters went from thinking giving him two was a mistake to thinking they should have given it to him last year after he won a chip and now maybe SGA will be penalized for not having a playoff run.

Still time though. I think Jokic was #1 last year in the straw poll around this time and then the Embiid push happened.

This is also another year where Giannis is carrying and will probably finish 3rd
Definitely fickle as hell and the criteria/goal posts change annually :lol:

Like you said, Giannis is putting up an MVP season too but nobody even mentions it after the HC mess they were dealing with. They're back on track and he's been integral in that lately

Seen more Luka MVP buzz/talk than him even though they're back in 2nd place and looking set to stay there.

The head coaches have all been Yanni’s choices. He made the mess :lol:
That may be the case but it still hasn't affected his production in the slightest, been the opposite. He's gotten more dominant as the season has gone on

Definitely fickle as hell and the criteria/goal posts change annually :lol:

Like you said, Giannis is putting up an MVP season too but nobody even mentions it after the HC mess they were dealing with. They're back on track and he's been integral in that lately

Seen more Luka MVP buzz/talk than him even though they're back in 2nd place and looking set to stay there.

Again I ask....

ezgif-4-8712708186.gif

Back
Top Bottom