The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

The Celtics dominated who was in front of them, and that is all a team can do

It is not their fault people got hurt

It is not their fault Denver decided to unplug their controller in the 2nd half during the Wolves

I think strangely this teams legacy will be decided in the upcoming seasons.

you didn't really answer the question.

do think YOU think they are an all time great team? is that what you saw?

Maybe or maybe not, I don't know. Just presenting the data and everyone's free to form their own opinions. I'll just enjoy it either way.

Who is saying this really?

i said we don't know we just don't have enough information to know if they are an all time great team. and people seem to be disagreeing with me.

and posting their scoring differential and how many games they lost.

my assumption is they think im wrong and they are an all time great team. but maybe im wrong and we all agree.

I understand the idea these Celtics haven’t “looked” like an all-time great team during this playoff run and have felt that way myself at times. But I think it’s due in part to maybe holding them to an unfair standard.

They were much more talented overall than all the teams they faced, especially in the East, so because of that it created a feeling that they should blow the other team out in every game. They didn’t do that. But that’s a pretty unrealistic expectation for the playoffs when I think about it. And looking back, they never were challenged in any series even if some games were close.

So basically I’m saying, in this particular case, the eye test isn’t the best measure of how good the Cs are and I’m an eye test guy most of the time.

Zingus playing :nerd:
1000005948.gif

I understand the idea these Celtics haven’t “looked” like an all-time great team during this playoff run and have felt that way myself at times. But I think it’s due in part to maybe holding them to an unfair standard.

They were much more talented overall than all the teams they faced, especially in the East, so because of that it created a feeling that they should blow the other team out in every game. They didn’t do that. But that’s a pretty unrealistic expectation for the playoffs when I think about it. And looking back, they never were challenged in any series even if some games were close.

So basically I’m saying, in this particular case, the eye test isn’t the best measure of how good the Cs are and I’m an eye test guy most of the time.

i dunno, Nuggets faced relatively weak competition last year,
but they mostly squashed their comp in pretty convincing fashion.

it's not even about blow outs. or not. they just looked shaky at times in a way we don't associate with all time great teams.

it's not even about blow outs. or not. they just looked shaky at times in a way we don't associate with all time great teams.

Nuggets ain't an all time team either.

Much like their 08 counterparts and the 04 Pistons, the Celtics will have to a minimum get back to the finals again next year and ultimately win it for any type of all time talk for this year's team to do so.

That's why I believe the Spurs don't have any all time great teams either.

I think that’s fair.

Back
Top Bottom