The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The fan held the ball, directly interfering with the game. Any 'normal' fan is ejected from the arena immediately.

The league has been historically harsh on player-fan interactions recently so I think Jokic does end up missing the next game.

The fan held the ball, directly interfering with the game. Any 'normal' fan is ejected from the arena immediately.

and this is why you have refs and security

aint going end well for anyone involved if you allow players to believe they should be the ones handling those sorts of things

Have you ever watched a game without an agenda?

It’s not even 10AM yet!

1683552106202.jpeg

Yaa the owner was trying to help the suns player up along with the other guy, Suns owner wasnt even looking jokic way when he was holding ball

Was no need for jokic to try and rip the ball out. The ball HAD to be touched by the reff before it can be thrown in anyway

Jokic was tryna be slick and keep it moving while a suns players was out of the play
I don’t see a problem with this part

Ishiba holding onto the ball made no sense whatsoever. You wanna be part of the game? OK get this shove and **** your ***down.

Becoming the Suns owner less than 3 MONTHS ago actually makes this look worse for Ishiba but that’s just me

Lets all re-watch this clip now

The owner wasnt even looking jokic way. Jokic went up and tried to man handle the ball away to resume play. It happened very quick

Suns Owner was looking at the suns player on the ground

Just saying this angle dont help Jokic

I dont think he should be suspended but it wasnt a good look

throw the whole playoffs away if Jokic is suspended
Soooo…what you’re saying is that a playoffs where the top 3 mvp finalists all miss at least one game due to injury or suspension doesn’t count.

Hmmm, the 2020 playoffs had zero injuries.

Interesting

The ball landed in Ishiba's lap and he didn't have any business holding on to it? lol.

Ishiba never looked Jokic's direction and Jokic ran over there and tried ripping it away. Dude was looking down at thee Sun's player trying to help him up.

I mean if fan aren't supposed to have any contact with a player like that, why should a player be able to do that completely unprovoked mind you.

i think the bigger problem is how close the fans are to the field of play and the lack of a actual divide like there is in hockey.. but the ball went into the stands, it was a dead ball.. you gotta be smarter than thinking you can roll in the stands, grab the ball from a fan (any fan) and just get the game going again

unless it’s a live play (say the player is diving to save a ball from going out of bounds), zero reason for any of that

If it wasn’t the owner then this wouldn’t even be a convo :lol:. Jokic better not get suspended

it has to be a convo, it very realistically could happen in the future and you have to let players and fans know what is and isn’t acceptable

it has to be a convo, it very realistically could happen in the future and you have to let players and fans know what is and isn’t acceptable
Sure, it should be a very short convo. It’s much ado about nothing

Let me call Big Perk to campaign for this Joker suspension.

He has the pull to make it happen according to yall.

Seems like a player taking the ball from a fan should be pretty acceptable.

if the ball goes in the area designated for fans, let the refs and security do their jobs

dont need to be encouraging players to take matters in their own hands and enter an area designated for fans

if you think a fan is doing or has done something wrong, go speak with the refs

1683553618379.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom