The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Surprised more megastars (Steph lebron KD level players, not these guys that get paid like them but aren’t), don’t ask for no trade clauses

You don’t wanna give it to me? Ok I will sign with the team that does.
Think it’s cuz their presence on a team alone is a no trade clause itself. They only leave when they want to.

Surprised more megastars (Steph lebron KD level players, not these guys that get paid like them but aren’t), don’t ask for no trade clauses

You don’t wanna give it to me? Ok I will sign with the team that does.
Steph tried and got denied

been seeing rumors of CP3 to the warriors.. is jordan poole coming off the #3 if that happens?

Just seen KAT contract extension.... :smh:

kat.jpg

He's a year away from being 1st team All finesser.

Think it’s cuz their presence on a team alone is a no trade clause itself. They only leave when they want to.

This. The only exception would be folks calling for Lebby to traded during his current Lakers tenure :lol: Tommy Sheppard and the Wizards messed up the dialogue about NTCs in the NBA. They are not only rare but they rarely come into play. Beal was the 10th player of all-time in the NBA. The others were David Robinson, John Stockton, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwayne Wade, LeBron James (Miami Heat) and Carmelo Anthony (Knicks).

KG and Melo were the only ones who requested trades. KG got to go to Boston which worked out. Melo wanted originally wanted Cleveland (Kyrie, Lebby) or Houston (Harden, CP3). Kyrie got traded to Boston and Melo got traded to OKC with Russ, Steven Adams and Kanter.

Based on the trades we've been seeing over the years, even with no NTC clause, star players are still being accommodated in their preferred destination.

Very true and you need a team so desperate for a player not to leave that they offer what they don't have to. Beal was just interested in getting paid because be would've signed that deal even without the clause.

Idk about Haynes in that tier 🤔

Stein in the 100% tier?

This is unfair.

Shams and Woj report usually after the fact or near trade completion

Windy and Jake are telling you what teams have told them. A lot of it is smoke but it’s not like they are telling you this is exactly gonna happen

If Jake or windy say “the bulls called around to gauge interest and market for Lavine…” and lavine starts season as a Bill…they didn’t make that up, they just told you how it went and that the bulls didn’t like his market. How much stock you put into it is your fault

Good on Jaylen Brown getting paid, but I don’t feel like he’s a super max guy. Just saw Caleb Martin outplay him, and 7 TOs in one game dribbling off his foot.

Toronto about to be -2 starters (FVV, Poetl) and Gonna run it back. They must think Nurse was the problem

Back
Top Bottom