The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Mans just putting words down for the sake of argument knowing damn well 300 million for a Jaylen Brown isn’t smart business.

C’s been flopping w/ him prior to earning the richest contract in league history. I eagerly look forward to seeing them rinse and repeat for the foreseeable future while being even more hamstrung contractually [esp after Tatum gets his 1/2 billie].

I saw the Barbie movie, very good movie.

very interesting, feels like it's insane level of success I think raises some questions about our assumptions about cultural hostility to certain kinds of over the top femininity.

the Ken plot totally falls apart at the end, they have no satisfying conclusion to the interesting questions they raise about masculinity.

anyways.

now on to Oppenheimer.

You know why I also think the Bronny situation isn’t as life threatening as it can be in such situations??

It happened at 9:36 AM. LeBron was joking/ posting about going to Saudi Arabia for money at around 5 PM.

You know why I also think the Bronny situation isn’t as life threatening as it can be in such situations??

It happened at 9:36 AM. LeBron was joking/ posting about going to Saudi Arabia for money at around 5 PM.

They would easily give him 1 billion and he should take it, show Jaylen Brown how to really get paid.

I saw the Barbie movie, very good movie.

very interesting, feels like it's insane level of success I think raises some questions about our assumptions about cultural hostility to certain kinds of over the top femininity.

the Ken plot totally falls apart at the end, they have no satisfying conclusion to the interesting questions they raise about masculinity.

anyways.

now on to Oppenheimer.
Bro its a barbie movie. Western women are consumers. Not exactly a head scratcher :lol:

Sad thing is - America with all its resources & population could be so much better if they didn’t FORCE kids and their parents to pay to play the sport.

But this had me dying 😭

Yah I don't think so, creative sports require creative cultures.

You need unstructured informal play to really consistently produce the kind of creative athletes ideal for soccer.

Why can't China produce non 7 foot basketball players despite their massive population and resources?

Basketball from what I understand is the most popular sport there, you'd think they'd be able to produce more than like a Slovenia?

They can't because of their sports culture.

No unstructured play, long hours in extremely regimented practices. early professionalization.
Kid's get the love of the game beaten out of them earlier in China.

I think you have a similar thing going with soccer in the US, kids play organized soccer
but not much un structured, in formal play.

because of that I think US will always underperform relative to its resources.

Yah I don't think so, creative sports require creative cultures.

You need unstructured informal play to really consistently produce the kind of creative athletes ideal for soccer.

Why can't China produce non 7 foot basketball players despite their massive population and resources?

Basketball from what I understand is the most popular sport there, you'd think they'd be able to produce more than like a Slovenia?

They can't because of their sports culture.

No unstructured play, long hours in extremely regimented practices. early professionalization.
Kid's get the love of the game beaten out of them earlier in China.

I think you have a similar thing going with soccer in the US, kids play organized soccer
but not much un structured, in formal play.

because of that I think US will always underperform relative to its resources.

This is actually a great point.

I’ve never seen kids in the states play pickup games of soccer.

Back
Top Bottom