The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Front office folks and coaching staffs may like the draft compensation. But the fringe players know that, that’s their ticket out the nba or at least off the roster.

Exactly.
  • Money won't motivate the max contract guys, but there are more and more min level players now with the new CBA agreement - they will be motivated
  • Draft capital won't motivate players, but they will motivate front office (which I don't think will translate in a competitive tournament)
  • The hope is that Legacy and competition will motivate the star players. Especially the up and coming hungry teams like Indiana and the Kings. As long as you don't have Zion as your franchise player, you should be good.

But I was told in here that there’s “data” showing people who already have at least $500K can’t achieve additional life satisfaction from more money?

D’Lo must not be aware of that information.
Must be some HR/compensation committee people in here. Hope the response was an Ari Gold get outta here.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that supremely smart Gm David Griffin leaked that 12 hours after his team got smoked by the Lakers.

had to answer to the vegas sports commission as to why zion didnt come in under the HW weight limit

Them boys got smoked so bad the gm had to leak a story to the media to try and get his star to play better.

This time a year ago they were leaking stories about how they’re secretly scouting Wemby because the Lakers could gift New Orleans the 1 pick.

Bozos.

It’s also easy to pile on my guy Grimes while he’s out of sorts but how quickly everyone forgets what insane levels of expectations that are being put on a 3rd yr player still very green behind the ears.

Until now he’d looked more polished than RJ and certainly had the better stroke 🐾. QG gonna be alright he just needs more involvement. Him being a scoring threat in more ways is more good to ur team’s prowess ofc.

Herb & Trey are superb young ballers but Grimes also can get busy. 50-40-90 potential on the way and it’s as evident as evident gets.

They had a "meaningful" game on yesterday while half the country was still at work/school :lol: . Silver is the ideal commissioner for this league cause they are awfully comfortable with 2nd place.

Ducking Bailey zappe and mitch trubisky smh

I got the Grizzlies making the play-in.
They’ll be around 7 games out with 57 games left, so absolutely not mathematically impossible. But the West is so deep.

They’re realistically leaping only Golden State/Houston or the Pelicans if Zion gets hurt again (he still doesn’t look in shape :smh: )

Ja also has to stay healthy obviously. His playing style has made that impossible.

I don’t think Memphis makes it

50-40-90....

Naruto Fanfiction Cliches - Rant 12) Fast paced plot lines - Wattpad

Back
Top Bottom