The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

He literally isn’t :lol:

Out of all actives he currently is ( i get it less seasons blah blah)

The embiid hate is just pathetic

Just please let embiid win one god damn chip. Im blowing this thread up respectfully

Currently leading the league for a 3rd straight year

Last edited:
After the playoffs last year and pushing the media to campaign for his sympathetic MVP award….

I can understand the Embiid discourse.

Ain’t the 90s no more, the league no longer needs “a face”

These cats are drafted already being their own face, their own brand, thanks to social media and such.

The league will survive whether it’s 400 individual faces or one face ala a Bron/Mike.
Survive is one thing. Thrive is another. You hear how the league was struggling til Magic And Bird came and changed things. Then MJ elevated it to unseen heights. Then they been rife with stars ever since. I dont think its all because of "the face". The league viewership has been down recently which is why they added the play in and in season. Fans wasnt watching cus players stop caring about the reg season... But having someone people want to see draws people and makes more casual and grows the game. That does have an impact. A bunch of generic good players can keep thebgame going, but may not necessarily grow the game.

After the playoffs last year and pushing the media to campaign for his sympathetic MVP award….

What was sympathetic about the way HE PLAYED IN THE REGULAR SEASON? MVP isnt a playoff award

Yall really be reaching so hard

Not true at all. If somebody don't have a influence and personality it ain't gonna work.

Look at Kobe/Duncan.... Played in the same ERA, both recognized as greats, Both played in multiple playoff & championship games. One's game & off court personality stood out, one didn't.

I could go months without seeing Duncan discussed, even before Kobe's death he was never out the NBA conversation, even as a retired player. Same with Mike

Everyone doesn't have "IT"

They can’t do it with an International player. And the international guys are Top 5 right now.

American hoopers need to step up.
Just keep marketing the game as a global game. A super duper generational American star would be great but you can tap into a global market with guys from different countries.

I’m watching either way.

Good marketing can make next to anything happen. Seen it time and time again. Good marketing turns talentless people into superstars. Good marketing made idiots the president.

Just keep marketing the game as a global game. A super duper generational American star would be great but you can tap into a global market with guys from different countries.

I’m watching either way.

The NBA is not worried about you tho. :lol:

We’re talking about others.

The only one can maybe be Luka but he needs gold. That’s not happening soon.

He legit begged for it. In 40 years no one will remember that but it just happened.

“BEGGED”

As if his play and #s didnt back it up please

Yall sound so ******* stupid

Hey everyone Embiid begged to what all 100 voters to please select him LOLOLOL

Embiid held a gun to the voters head is new to me

The Sympathetic MVP award is such a dumb narrative that I don't think it's worth arguing over.

The Playoff performance is 100% warranted though. He's had a ton of excuses in the past (Ben Simmons, bad coaches, injuries etc...), but this year he HAS to level up his game or be regarded as a regular season player like a super version of Derozan or Randle.

Ain’t the 90s no more, the league no longer needs “a face”

These cats are drafted already being their own face, their own brand, thanks to social media and such.

The league will survive whether it’s 400 individual faces or one face ala a Bron/Mike.

90s? I hate to break it to you brother, but I think you meant this ain't the 2010's anymore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom